Wagner on his way to the Sunshine State?

It's easier said than done for Pinto to stop walking batters. Honestly, I think he is that kind of pitcher, and will always be that kind of pitcher. He's 27, so I don't see his control getting any better.

Yeah, probably.

Still though, unlike others, I'd like to keep him around next year.

27 year old left-handed relievers who can pitch everyday, and get both lefties and righties out aren't easy to come by. Plus, he won't cost us much.

Meyer & Pinto seem like 2 guys who will definitely be kept...along with 1 of Nunez/Lindstrom (maybe both). Kiko will probably leave.

Did anyone hear Beinfest this morning on 790. I was in the car and I think this is what he said-or to some effect. "Regarding Smoltz, he chose to go another way and we move on but Wagner is a different story. "

Anyone else confirm my ears? Seems like the fish are trying for Wagner. Mets may not care if it is within the division as Wagner will not be here anyways next year.

As an aside, it seems we were a lot closer to getting Smoltz than was reported. I read the Atlanta paper a few days ago and Smoltz said it was very hard turning down Fredi Gonzalez.

Did anyone hear Beinfest this morning on 790. I was in the car and I think this is what he said-or to some effect. "Regarding Smoltz, he chose to go another way and we move on but Wagner is a different story. "

Anyone else confirm my ears? Seems like the fish are trying for Wagner. Mets may not care if it is within the division as Wagner will not be here anyways next year.

As an aside, it seems we were a lot closer to getting Smoltz than was reported. I read the Atlanta paper a few days ago and Smoltz said it was very hard turning down Fredi Gonzalez.

Or he could have meant that we didn't try to go after Wagner, which we didn't. The Red Sox claimed him, which meant that the entire NL passed and so did most of the AL.