November 4, 200916 yr Just filed for free agency and I know hes been hurt but he was very solid when healthy and possibly a good fit for a 5th starter.
November 4, 200916 yr Noah Lowry has not pitched in the majors in the last two seasons. The only contract he is going to get from anyone is for the minimum. That might appeal to the Marlins' front office but I would think that they would look elsewhere.
November 4, 200916 yr There's no reason for the Marlins not to look at Lowry and see if he could provide some real SP depth for us. He has obviously had some issues but he also had some talent, and smarter organizations will look to take a flyer on guys like these because it is a low risk, high reward situation.
November 4, 200916 yr If healthy would be the type of reclamation project the Marlins are known for i say ...Why not?
November 5, 200916 yr Unless he costs 1 million or less, we probably shouldn't spend any money on him.
November 5, 200916 yr Noah Lowry has not pitched in the majors in the last two seasons. The only contract he is going to get from anyone is for the minimum. That might appeal to the Marlins' front office but I would think that they would look elsewhere. Scott Proctor. 'Nuff said.
November 5, 200916 yr Noah Lowry has not pitched in the majors in the last two seasons. The only contract he is going to get from anyone is for the minimum. That might appeal to the Marlins' front office but I would think that they would look elsewhere. Scott Proctor. 'Nuff said. Or Kiko Calero?
November 5, 200916 yr I think we should give him a Proctor-esque contract. Maybe a 1 Mil contract with another Mil or 2 in incentives.
November 5, 200916 yr Noah Lowry has not pitched in the majors in the last two seasons. The only contract he is going to get from anyone is for the minimum. That might appeal to the Marlins' front office but I would think that they would look elsewhere. Scott Proctor. 'Nuff said. And he just signed with the Braves.
November 5, 200916 yr Noah Lowry has not pitched in the majors in the last two seasons. The only contract he is going to get from anyone is for the minimum. That might appeal to the Marlins' front office but I would think that they would look elsewhere. Scott Proctor. 'Nuff said. Or Kiko Calero? Or Chad Fox?
November 5, 200916 yr Considering we're going to be paying Anibal a lot more than Lowry if we bring him back, I don't understand why some would be so hesitant to make a move like this.
November 5, 200916 yr Considering we're going to be paying Anibal a lot more than Lowry if we bring him back, I don't understand why some would be so hesitant to make a move like this. Because Anibal is club-controlled and has already shown some ability after an injury. Also, how do you figure we'd be paying Anibal "a lot more"? Considering Lou has Anibal at $1.2 million, it doesn't matter what Lowry makes; it's not going to be a lot less than Anibal.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.