April 14, 201016 yr anyone got pictures of the whole marlins roster with their ratings. i'd like to see the bullpen ratings to see if they portray how bad our pen actually is
April 14, 201016 yr anyone got pictures of the whole marlins roster with their ratings. i'd like to see the bullpen ratings to see if they portray how bad our pen actually is I'll try to do this later tonight when I get home. I can tell you that Sony San Diego has something against numerical ratings, you can only see these when you edit an individual player. Instead they show a horizontal bar which represents the rating from 0 - 100. Nevertheless I'll try to compare the Marlins to some other bullpens and clubs so you get an idea of how they compare side by side. About the Rankings, you should know these are not arbitrary values given to each team. They are based on the individual players (including the bench), position by position, and how they stack up against all the other teams. Also, this game is the best baseball sim ever made.
April 14, 201016 yr The numbers might not be arbitrary but they are ridiculously low, as they are most years.
April 14, 201016 yr anyone got pictures of the whole marlins roster with their ratings. i'd like to see the bullpen ratings to see if they portray how bad our pen actually is I'll try to do this later tonight when I get home. I can tell you that Sony San Diego has something against numerical ratings, you can only see these when you edit an individual player. Instead they show a horizontal bar which represents the rating from 0 - 100. Nevertheless I'll try to compare the Marlins to some other bullpens and clubs so you get an idea of how they compare side by side. About the Rankings, you should know these are not arbitrary values given to each team. They are based on the individual players (including the bench), position by position, and how they stack up against all the other teams. Also, this game is the best baseball sim ever made. yeah i know, i have 09 the show and the bars just piss me off. it would be so much easier to just use numbers since when you edit a player they use numbers as the ratings anyway. i'm just curious to see hanley, jj, and cantu ratings. jj and cantu are usually underrated from my experience with mlb the show games
April 14, 201016 yr I created an album over at imgur (site is so awesome, didn't even have to make an account) with the screenshots. Here's the link: http://imgur.com/a/B...he_show_ratings These are based on the "Live" online rosters posted 4/12/10 (they post roster updates every Monday). A few things to note (first of all our bullpen sucks -- compare to the Dodgers and the Phils), Pinto is our 2nd best RP (excluding Leo, who's better but is under the "Closing Pitchers" category), however, I posted a screenshot of his attributes and you can see his BB/9 rating is horrible. It's just that he doesn't get hit a lot and doesn't give up many homeruns, that and the break on his changeup is just filthy (I think it's almost maxed). I took a SS of some of the Hopper's attributes for comparison. I also posted SS of Hanley, JJ, Cantu, and Jose Reyes. You'll see that offensively Hanley trumps Reyes in every category, it's just that defensively Hanley is extremely underrated. I think the root of the issue with the ratings for the Marlins is that the game's ratings engine uses the last 3 years (probably a weighted average) to rate the players. Hanley was very good last year but pretty bad the year before that, and pretty horrible a couple of years ago. Anyway, as an MLB The Show fanboy I'll note that these ratings are pretty moot, as every year a group of guys on OperationSports.com essentially re-rate all the players in the Majors and fill all the minor league rosters with the real minor league players! Using scouting reports and other resources. Needless to say, I waited until their rosters came out to start my franchise.
April 15, 201016 yr I created an album over at imgur (site is so awesome, didn't even have to make an account) with the screenshots. Here's the link: http://imgur.com/a/B...he_show_ratings These are based on the "Live" online rosters posted 4/12/10 (they post roster updates every Monday). A few things to note (first of all our bullpen sucks -- compare to the Dodgers and the Phils), Pinto is our 2nd best RP (excluding Leo, who's better but is under the "Closing Pitchers" category), however, I posted a screenshot of his attributes and you can see his BB/9 rating is horrible. It's just that he doesn't get hit a lot and doesn't give up many homeruns, that and the break on his changeup is just filthy (I think it's almost maxed). I took a SS of some of the Hopper's attributes for comparison. I also posted SS of Hanley, JJ, Cantu, and Jose Reyes. You'll see that offensively Hanley trumps Reyes in every category, it's just that defensively Hanley is extremely underrated. I think the root of the issue with the ratings for the Marlins is that the game's ratings engine uses the last 3 years (probably a weighted average) to rate the players. Hanley was very good last year but pretty bad the year before that, and pretty horrible a couple of years ago. Anyway, as an MLB The Show fanboy I'll note that these ratings are pretty moot, as every year a group of guys on OperationSports.com essentially re-rate all the players in the Majors and fill all the minor league rosters with the real minor league players! Using scouting reports and other resources. Needless to say, I waited until their rosters came out to start my franchise. One of my problems with the ratings are that, even if it was weighted, the Marlins are one of the worst offensive ballclubs in the game. Over the last 3 years we've, with the same basic core, been one of the top offensive ballclubs. And yeah, I also waited for OSFullMinorsV1 as well and then used RosterTools to get more fair ratings for many of our guys. Also, I noticed that it puts way too much weight on the bench. For instance once I edited BC's defense (because if you have him with a 45 arm you're just not doing it right) and all the sudden the team's defense vaulted way too far up.
April 18, 201016 yr MLB 10 The Show is the sickest game ever! Started up a season with the Fish and playing all Grapefruit league games... I just figured out the pitching its tough! Can't hit either...
April 19, 201016 yr Little tip, pick up the OS full minors rosters from the roster vault, much better than the rosters sony is putting out and has all the minor league players, and better rating for the Fish.
April 19, 201016 yr MLB 10 The Show is the sickest game ever! Started up a season with the Fish and playing all Grapefruit league games... I just figured out the pitching its tough! Can't hit either... Yeah, my created pitcher is just now not constantly throwing "Oh sh*t....." pitches and not striking out every time at the plate. However, the moment he's decent enough for the big leagues, I get the worst message you can get. "You have been traded to the Washington Nationals." Seriously, I get two runs worth of support if I'm lucky......
April 19, 201016 yr Little tip, pick up the OS full minors rosters from the roster vault, much better than the rosters sony is putting out and has all the minor league players, and better rating for the Fish. Yea but even that screws us over. Have you seen Mike Stanton's rating?
April 19, 201016 yr Little tip, pick up the OS full minors rosters from the roster vault, much better than the rosters sony is putting out and has all the minor league players, and better rating for the Fish. Yea but even that screws us over. Have you seen Mike Stanton's rating? What are you talking about? He's rated an A prospect. What do you want, him to be major league ready when in real life he's not major league ready?
April 19, 201016 yr Little tip, pick up the OS full minors rosters from the roster vault, much better than the rosters sony is putting out and has all the minor league players, and better rating for the Fish. Yea but even that screws us over. Have you seen Mike Stanton's rating? What are you talking about? He's rated an A prospect. What do you want, him to be major league ready when in real life he's not major league ready? You can rate anyone an A prospect, it doesn't take into account how far along they are. Stanton is pretty far down in that respect.
April 19, 201016 yr Little tip, pick up the OS full minors rosters from the roster vault, much better than the rosters sony is putting out and has all the minor league players, and better rating for the Fish. Yea but even that screws us over. Have you seen Mike Stanton's rating? What are you talking about? He's rated an A prospect. What do you want, him to be major league ready when in real life he's not major league ready? You can rate anyone an A prospect, it doesn't take into account how far along they are. Stanton is pretty far down in that respect. Yeah, but how many big-league games has he been in? There are countless prospects who have great success in the minors, and for one reason or another, only become average players in the bigs. You don't think if the club knew Stanton was going to belt 30 HRs they would call him up immediately? I think his ratings are fine. Either way, if you feel that he's rated too low, you can just manage your roster (either while in your franchise mode, or while in the main menu) and edit his attributes.
April 19, 201016 yr Little tip, pick up the OS full minors rosters from the roster vault, much better than the rosters sony is putting out and has all the minor league players, and better rating for the Fish. I downloaded and saved these OS Rosters but cannot seem to get them to load in my season setup... If keeps defaulting... How do I do this???
April 19, 201016 yr If anyone wants to play add me. my name is : Hanley2Ramirez yeah yeah same as my name on here. im good so be ready
April 20, 201016 yr Little tip, pick up the OS full minors rosters from the roster vault, much better than the rosters sony is putting out and has all the minor league players, and better rating for the Fish. I downloaded and saved these OS Rosters but cannot seem to get them to load in my season setup... If keeps defaulting... How do I do this??? Well, when you start a season it asks you which roster you want to base it on; I believe it says Current, Default, or Load. Just load the right one.
April 20, 201016 yr Little tip, pick up the OS full minors rosters from the roster vault, much better than the rosters sony is putting out and has all the minor league players, and better rating for the Fish. Yea but even that screws us over. Have you seen Mike Stanton's rating? Yeah i saw it, i manually edited him, but other than that the rosters are pretty accurate.
April 20, 201016 yr Little tip, pick up the OS full minors rosters from the roster vault, much better than the rosters sony is putting out and has all the minor league players, and better rating for the Fish. I downloaded and saved these OS Rosters but cannot seem to get them to load in my season setup... If keeps defaulting... How do I do this??? Well, when you start a season it asks you which roster you want to base it on; I believe it says Current, Default, or Load. Just load the right one. You can also load them from the main menu and when prompted to select the rosters to start the franchise with pick current. Hope that helps.
April 20, 201016 yr Little tip, pick up the OS full minors rosters from the roster vault, much better than the rosters sony is putting out and has all the minor league players, and better rating for the Fish. I downloaded and saved these OS Rosters but cannot seem to get them to load in my season setup... If keeps defaulting... How do I do this??? Well, when you start a season it asks you which roster you want to base it on; I believe it says Current, Default, or Load. Just load the right one. You can also load them from the main menu and when prompted to select the rosters to start the franchise with pick current. Hope that helps. Thanks. I had to play a franchise instead of a season in order for it to work. Reason was I had to put those guys on the 40-man roster. I had to promote them to the MLB roster for Grapefruit League games. All told I have started a Franchise by letting the CPU handle the non-baseball aspect and I will handle the rosters and all management decisions. I lost my opening Grapefruit game 5-0 to Philly. Gaby and Logan are competing for 1B, Stanton unless he blows up will stay in the Minors. Ceda has electric stuff in that game, he might win a setup job in my Franchise if he pitches well. Yep I am a dork! Proud of it though!
April 21, 201016 yr Little tip, pick up the OS full minors rosters from the roster vault, much better than the rosters sony is putting out and has all the minor league players, and better rating for the Fish. I downloaded and saved these OS Rosters but cannot seem to get them to load in my season setup... If keeps defaulting... How do I do this??? Well, when you start a season it asks you which roster you want to base it on; I believe it says Current, Default, or Load. Just load the right one. You can also load them from the main menu and when prompted to select the rosters to start the franchise with pick current. Hope that helps. Thanks. I had to play a franchise instead of a season in order for it to work. Reason was I had to put those guys on the 40-man roster. I had to promote them to the MLB roster for Grapefruit League games. All told I have started a Franchise by letting the CPU handle the non-baseball aspect and I will handle the rosters and all management decisions. I lost my opening Grapefruit game 5-0 to Philly. Gaby and Logan are competing for 1B, Stanton unless he blows up will stay in the Minors. Ceda has electric stuff in that game, he might win a setup job in my Franchise if he pitches well. Yep I am a dork! Proud of it though! A baseball dork beats any other kind of dork, lol, be proud, i do that too, i find it a hell of a lot of fun, i've been playing mine, i am a week out of the All-Stars game and i am leading the East by 1 1/2 over the Phillies, the only change i've made to the team was to waive Robinson and traded for Ricky Romero from the Jays, who is going great for me.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.