Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins ranking on MLB the show 2010

Featured Replies

The Marlins are ranked 26th overall... but to make it even worse, our pitching is ranked dead last...

 

We have one of the best 1-2 punches in the league and were rated last?!?!?!

 

Our offense is also rated 21st, which should certainly be higher.

 

 

 

Probably the worst ranking I've ever seen is the fact the Braves are 6th overall.

 

MLB the show is an amazing game but they could have at least done better for a team that won 87 games, finished 5 games behind the Phillies and are only gonna get better this year.

The Marlins are almost always severely underrated in video games. It's unfortunate.

It's a shame that they're ranked so low, but what can you do?

 

I only have a XBox 360 so I'll be getting MLB 2k10 on Tuesday. The demo and previews seem to indicate its a big improvement of the crappy 2k9 so I'm hopeful it'll be a good game and that the Marlins are decently rated in it. We shall see.

You gotta understand who is most likely buying these games

 

 

Yea but, you can still rank "those teams" in the top 5... and be a little more respectful to the Marlins... there are NOT 20-something teams between us an the Yankees or Red Sox. Actually its not even about respect. Its about obvious facts of where we finished last season and has nothing to do with respect. If anything its disrespect, cause it seems those games purposely push us down just for the heck of it. Oh well, I'll just buy the game and win the world series with the 26th ranked team.

It's a shame that they're ranked so low, but what can you do?

 

I only have a XBox 360 so I'll be getting MLB 2k10 on Tuesday. The demo and previews seem to indicate its a big improvement of the crappy 2k9 so I'm hopeful it'll be a good game and that the Marlins are decently rated in it. We shall see.

 

 

I really like the demo but one thing that bothers me is the fielders are so darn fast. They get to almost every ball in the gap.

Is this a joke?

 

 

Nope. These folks think John Madden is actually in that little box giving them football plays.

 

 

No, I mean the ranking. I play these games too.

 

 

Anyways, the Braves are ranked 6 in this game, to make things worse.

This is going to bother me when I'm developing my pitcher and I'll have no control of the results of 4 out of 5 of the games and they'll probably lose three of the simmed games (Unless they changed it from the past ones-the last time I played The Show was '06-where they sim through the games you don't play in). Hey, I like pitching better than batting, and I don't have time for a fully involved franchise with baseball, unless it's MLB Power Pros where the games go by fast, and they don't release those here anymore.

You gotta understand who is most likely buying these games

 

 

Sorry man but i have to disagree with you here, the "people" that play these games are not just the New York and LA folks who demand their team be the best, they are baseball fans, i am sure more people would like better, more realistic rankings on the game, rather than the ones in the game, because i would think that all of the people that play this game are baseball fans, and would like an accurate product over one that favors one team over another unfairly. Regardless, give it a week and user made "fair" rosters will start poping out.

It's done by an objective formula

 

http://www.operation...62-post121.html

 

Likely we're so bad because of Gaby/Logan/Maybin, and the mass amount off high potential-bat sh*t horrible production of pitching we have outside of JJ and Ricky.

 

Or the formula is just stupid. Which is certainly a massive possibility:

You gotta understand who is most likely buying these games

 

 

Sorry man but i have to disagree with you here, the "people" that play these games are not just the New York and LA folks who demand their team be the best, they are baseball fans, i am sure more people would like better, more realistic rankings on the game, rather than the ones in the game, because i would think that all of the people that play this game are baseball fans, and would like an accurate product over one that favors one team over another unfairly. Regardless, give it a week and user made "fair" rosters will start poping out.

 

I strongly disagree with what you are saying. You obviously haven't seen what fans write about the Marlins on other message boards.

The Marlins are ranked 26th overall... but to make it even worse, our pitching is ranked dead last...

 

We have one of the best 1-2 punches in the league and were rated last?!?!?!

 

Our offense is also rated 21st, which should certainly be higher.

 

 

 

Probably the worst ranking I've ever seen is the fact the Braves are 6th overall.

 

MLB the show is an amazing game but they could have at least done better for a team that won 87 games, finished 5 games behind the Phillies and are only gonna get better this year.

 

 

That's why everytime I get this game I change the players abilities therefore improving the Marlins ranking to where it should be.

I play MVP 2005 for PC with updated rosters. The 2K franchise is awful but The Show seems solid, I just don't own a PS3.

 

 

I agree... the 2k franchise has been awful, but check out the demo for 2k10 if you have an XBox 360 or anything. 2k10 seems like a nice step in the right direction.

You gotta understand who is most likely buying these games

 

 

Sorry man but i have to disagree with you here, the "people" that play these games are not just the New York and LA folks who demand their team be the best, they are baseball fans, i am sure more people would like better, more realistic rankings on the game, rather than the ones in the game, because i would think that all of the people that play this game are baseball fans, and would like an accurate product over one that favors one team over another unfairly. Regardless, give it a week and user made "fair" rosters will start poping out.

 

I strongly disagree with what you are saying. You obviously haven't seen what fans write about the Marlins on other message boards.

 

My argument has nothing to do with the Marlins, i am talking about parity in general, and i do know the things that are said about the Marlins.

I play MVP 2005 for PC with updated rosters. The 2K franchise is awful but The Show seems solid, I just don't own a PS3.

 

 

I agree... the 2k franchise has been awful, but check out the demo for 2k10 if you have an XBox 360 or anything. 2k10 seems like a nice step in the right direction.

Most people (including myself) said the same thing after the 2K9 demo.

Most people (including myself) said the same thing after the 2K9 demo.

 

 

That's fair enough really. The previews for 2k10 from what I've read on such sites as IGN and others seem a lot more favorable then they did for 2k9, but I know some people will have felt burned from before and will just scoff at any notion of trying it out. We'll have to see come Tuesday.

Does anyone know if they release updates that change ranks and player attributes

 

 

Yes they do, weekly. Throughout the season, real life stats, and thus attribute changes, are reflected in the updates. Example, Coghlan would have had higher attributes in the September updates than he did in the May updates.

Just saw that the developers have released lists of the top 10 position players of each position and hanley is second at ss to jose reyes of all people. Sorry I can't post a link; I'm on an iPhone, google it

Does anyone know if they release updates that change ranks and player attributes

 

 

Yes they do, weekly. Throughout the season, real life stats, and thus attribute changes, are reflected in the updates. Example, Coghlan would have had higher attributes in the September updates than he did in the May updates.

do you know if they can be added to an ongoing season mode. I'm buying it tomorrow but don't feel comfortable tweaking attributes on my own.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.