Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins ranking on MLB the show 2010

Featured Replies

Just saw that the developers have released lists of the top 10 position players of each position and hanley is second at ss to jose reyes of all people. Sorry I can't post a link; I'm on an iPhone, google it

 

 

bulls***

 

Understatement of the year.

Does anyone know if they release updates that change ranks and player attributes

 

 

Yes they do, weekly. Throughout the season, real life stats, and thus attribute changes, are reflected in the updates. Example, Coghlan would have had higher attributes in the September updates than he did in the May updates.

do you know if they can be added to an ongoing season mode. I'm buying it tomorrow but don't feel comfortable tweaking attributes on my own.

 

Good question, but u can't add it to an ongoing season. Since I want accuracy on my Marlins 162-game season (or franchise mode)... I usually wait until April when the first few roster updates are released and the correct 25-man roster is up. If that doesnt bother you, start your season right away, just know that you'll be quite different from the Marlins season roster in reality. I tend to spend the first month of playing RTTS career and exhibition matches against friends.

Does anyone know if they release updates that change ranks and player attributes

 

 

Yes they do, weekly. Throughout the season, real life stats, and thus attribute changes, are reflected in the updates. Example, Coghlan would have had higher attributes in the September updates than he did in the May updates.

do you know if they can be added to an ongoing season mode. I'm buying it tomorrow but don't feel comfortable tweaking attributes on my own.

 

Good question, but u can't add it to an ongoing season. Since I want accuracy on my Marlins 162-game season (or franchise mode)... I usually wait until April when the first few roster updates are released and the correct 25-man roster is up. If that doesnt bother you, start your season right away, just know that you'll be quite different from the Marlins season roster in reality. I tend to spend the first month of playing RTTS career and exhibition matches against friends.

 

Yea, I think I'm going to do that. I've never played The Show, so RTTS should keep me entertained for a while.

  • Author

Is anyone interested in joining an online league? I've never done it but I would like to... if so, hit me up with your PSN and the team you want...

 

I AM THE MARLINS, sorry!

Does anyone know if they release updates that change ranks and player attributes

 

 

Yes they do, weekly. Throughout the season, real life stats, and thus attribute changes, are reflected in the updates. Example, Coghlan would have had higher attributes in the September updates than he did in the May updates.

do you know if they can be added to an ongoing season mode. I'm buying it tomorrow but don't feel comfortable tweaking attributes on my own.

 

Good question, but u can't add it to an ongoing season. Since I want accuracy on my Marlins 162-game season (or franchise mode)... I usually wait until April when the first few roster updates are released and the correct 25-man roster is up. If that doesnt bother you, start your season right away, just know that you'll be quite different from the Marlins season roster in reality. I tend to spend the first month of playing RTTS career and exhibition matches against friends.

 

Yea, I think I'm going to do that. I've never played The Show, so RTTS should keep me entertained for a while.

 

Its a great game, enjoy it. In case youre wondering other things to do until April... I do my RTTS, and I usually start a season with a different team than the Marlins. Choose a team you have an interest in and try the challenge of taking an unfamiliar club to the playoffs (unfamiliar in the sense that you probably dont follow them as deep as the Marlins). I will definitely do it with the Jays this year, and possibly Seattle since I'm intrigued by their offseason flurry. The M's have to be considered a fun team to play a franchise with, under the question of "They made all these moves, can YOU make them all payoff?" Choose a team like that, try it for the time being... then in April, win it all with the 2010 Marlins... have fun!

Important note before you take your PS3 for a spin:

 

http://www.telegraph...-thousands.html

 

This is some nasty stuff. Mine hasn't been online for awhile (For some reason, my wireless doesn't like it), so I don't exactly how bad this is, but the glitch sounds bad.

 

 

 

Yea, I've got the newer slim one thankfully. I have friends that are on the verge of a meltdown, though lol.

Just saw that the developers have released lists of the top 10 position players of each position and hanley is second at ss to jose reyes of all people. Sorry I can't post a link; I'm on an iPhone, google it

 

So, do these guys actually watch baseball?

MLB 2k10 has Coghlan with a beard.

 

End of discussion...

 

 

 

Yea, but that's 2K Sports. Last year some people had unbelievable contracts on the Wii version - something like 50 Million a year for Danys Baez or someone like that.

Here's the first information from MLB 2K10. Just posting this because of how The Show has rated Hanley. From what I can see, Hanley is the top SS with overall of 94. Next is Jeter at 90 and Reyes is at 88. A-Rod (95), Mauer (95) and Pujols (98) are the only higher ranked position players. There's two pitchers at 94 and 3 higher for what it's worth.

I picked up the game today (The Show). The Marlins aren't 26th, they're 15th. But you know what's hilarious? The Nationals being 12th. Know what's even more hilarious? The Royals being 8th.

For those of you who have 2k10 how is it? I like the demo but I also liked the 2k9 demo and really didn't like the overall game.

I picked up the game today (The Show). The Marlins aren't 26th, they're 15th. But you know what's hilarious? The Nationals being 12th. Know what's even more hilarious? The Royals being 8th.

 

That's silly. I mean...wow. Seriously. Wow. Wow.

 

 

Wow.

 

 

My god. Wow.

I picked up the game today (The Show). The Marlins aren't 26th, they're 15th. But you know what's hilarious? The Nationals being 12th. Know what's even more hilarious? The Royals being 8th.

 

 

wwwhhhattt 8th. why....does greinke have ratings off the charts?.

For those of you who have 2k10 how is it? I like the demo but I also liked the 2k9 demo and really didn't like the overall game.

 

 

I picked it up, I played (on Pro setting) as the Marlins vs. Nationals and won 3-1. Pitching is as much fun as ever and hitting just takes a bit of getting used to. I picked up my "playing taking a walk" achievement with Boni.... kinda funny really.

 

I created a pitcher in the My Player mode. I pitched one game as that dude, 8 innings, 4 runs with 8 strikeouts.

 

It's a much better game for the series, but a lot more could be improved. I don't have a PS3 and have never played The Show so I can't compare.

 

One thing that I do enjoy about the game is that the commentary is pretty damn good, it flows better and they have better "chats" about certain players, situations etc.

I bought it this afternoon as well.

 

I just assumed that the Marlins were 26 (like the developers said..) and boosted up a bit of peoples' stats. I guess I'll just default it or something.

 

RTTS is pretty cool, but I can't for the life of me get a hit. My guy rages everytime he walks to the dugout after a K lol. Is All-Star (normal) mode really that hard in this game?

OK disregard what I said, I was mistaken. Those were the franchise rankings they give when you're selecting a team in franchise mode. My bad :p

 

The Marlins are indeed 26th. The Royals are 27th. The Nationals are 28th.

 

:blush

OK disregard what I said, I was mistaken. Those were the franchise rankings they give when you're selecting a team in franchise mode. My bad :p

 

The Marlins are indeed 26th. The Royals are 27th. The Nationals are 28th.

 

:blush

 

Yeah, it's really bad.

They released a 343 mb patch. Hopefully it adresses some of these messed up ratings. Teixeira has a c in contact from what I've heard

i picked up the show yesterday and wow...game is orgasmic if you are a baseball fan...and if you are reading this...i would assume you are...so for those who dont own a ps3 but have a hdtv and 500 extra bucks lying around...i suggest picking one up as IMO, its a system seller(and this is coming from a diehard xbox fan who obviously has both systems)(oh and i have the slim version so i was unaffected by that PSN non-sense a couple days ago)

 

anyways...i the individual player ratings are generated from the 3 previous years of stats to go from which is why jose reyes is overrated the way he is and the same for various other players while alot of other players are underrated because they have only recently come into their own...unfortunetly the potential meter they use seems to be kind of out of whack because it seems that good players cannot/wont become elite players through years on the franchise mode but that seems like something that is pretty easy to fix and many on the operationsports.com website forums who have contact with the developers have already griped about it

 

anyways, thats a good site and if you play with the minor league teams too and want to have current rosters with those teams, there are several members who do alot of work in putting together full minors rosters

 

as for myself with the game, its the first time ive really played their brand of baseball game before and getting used to the timing of hitting has been monumently difficult for me...needless to say, curveball and xyz marlins player is walking back to the bench pissed off...i really like the pitching because even if you use their meter and nail it perfectly, there is still a little variance in where the pitch goes...IMO, they mimicked the presentation of a real tv broadcast just about as well as you could imagine and with the amazing graphical ability of these next generation consoles...its hard to tell the difference between real and video game...as for the fielding and running...again...im still getting used to it but it looks like they have a solid system for both and "feel" very solid

 

id have to play alot more games to say its better than MVP 05' overall...but needless to say...it was 60 dollars well spent

OK disregard what I said, I was mistaken. Those were the franchise rankings they give when you're selecting a team in franchise mode. My bad :p

 

The Marlins are indeed 26th. The Royals are 27th. The Nationals are 28th.

 

:blush

 

And the Padres are 25th.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.