Ted Ginn to the 49ers

Rabbethan

I wonder if the dolphins are still in the market for another receiver?

What if Dez Bryant is on the board at #13, do the dolphins take him?

To be honest, considering it's Bill Parcells, and considering the Dolphins have needs on defense...I highly doubt they go for a wide receiver in the 1st round, especially after acquiring a #1 WR already this offseason, via trade.

Good deal. He is straight up the definition of a guy with all the tools but no football gameday ability. He can't catch, he refuses to go over the middle, he goes out of bounds at all times, even on kickoffs, and he's really not a good returner. Besides those 2 kickoffs vs the jets, which even feely said was just more due to an unlucky coverage selection on the kickoff and not really much to do with ted ginn besides him having vision.

Aside from those 2 kickoffs, he average 21.9 ypr on kickoffs, which would put him in the bottom 5 of kick off returns, and even with those kicks he's still only middle of the pack. Not to mention davone bess and brian hartline to me are budding stars in their own right.

Bess is one of my favorite players. Always reliable catching the ball and can actually do something after the catch.

Hartline to me looks like a great future player. He alwys seemed to be in the right place at the right time and displays the type of B.P. toughness that i love since they brought that style of play over to the dolphins. Same goes with Bess btw.

That's about what I expected for Ted Ginn.

Everybody knows how I feel about Ginn. I was extremely upset when we drafted him, and never relented on him until the day he was traded.

This came from Ted Ginn on twitter soon after he was released, responding to somebody saying "Thank goodness you are gone"

http://blacksportson...son-on-twitter/

You stay classy.

As for the comment that this means we might go Dez Bryant, think again. I've got my own theory that we have brought in Earl Thomas to interview more than any other player, 3 times.

I think that is a mix of us liking Thomas the player, and the fact to make the Cowboys think we like him a lot, considering the Cowboys have tremendous interest in Earl Thomas. I think a trade down is going to be in the works with the Cowboys, just a feeling. The Dolphins Front office loves their late round picks.

That's about what I expected for Ted Ginn.

Everybody knows how I feel about Ginn. I was extremely upset when we drafted him, and never relented on him until the day he was traded.

This came from Ted Ginn on twitter soon after he was released, responding to somebody saying "Thank goodness you are gone"

http://blacksportson...son-on-twitter/

You stay classy.

As for the comment that this means we might go Dez Bryant, think again. I've got my own theory that we have brought in Earl Thomas to interview more than any other player, 3 times.

I think that is a mix of us liking Thomas the player, and the fact to make the Cowboys think we like him a lot, considering the Cowboys have tremendous interest in Earl Thomas. I think a trade down is going to be in the works with the Cowboys, just a feeling. The Dolphins Front office loves their late round picks.

Thats not fair to Ginn. While he did not go about it in the right way, thats pretty classless to say that to ginn not in person.

It's more about the fact that he didn't think about how his comments would be portrayed. If you are going to take the risk of posting online when you are on the front page of ESPN.com and a lead story in Sportscenter, you should understand the consequences that come with it. You don't post those kind of things when you are held to a higher esteem than the person you are responding to.

It's more about the fact that he didn't think about how his comments would be portrayed. If you are going to take the risk of posting online when you are on the front page of ESPN.com and a lead story in Sportscenter, you should understand the consequences that come with it. You don't post those kind of things when you are held to a higher esteem than the person you are responding to.

True. I personally think twitter for athletes is retarded. ITs a lose lose situation basically.

Good deal. He is straight up the definition of a guy with all the tools but no football gameday ability. He can't catch, he refuses to go over the middle, he goes out of bounds at all times, even on kickoffs, and he's really not a good returner. Besides those 2 kickoffs vs the jets, which even feely said was just more due to an unlucky coverage selection on the kickoff and not really much to do with ted ginn besides him having vision.

Aside from those 2 kickoffs, he average 21.9 ypr on kickoffs, which would put him in the bottom 5 of kick off returns, and even with those kicks he's still only middle of the pack. Not to mention davone bess and brian hartline to me are budding stars in their own right.

Bess is one of my favorite players. Always reliable catching the ball and can actually do something after the catch.

Hartline to me looks like a great future player. He alwys seemed to be in the right place at the right time and displays the type of B.P. toughness that i love since they brought that style of play over to the dolphins. Same goes with Bess btw.

You can literally say that about ANY player. Take away Brandon Marshall's 21 catches, and he wouldn't look so good, too. You can't take away Ginn's best game to strengthen your argument.

Good deal. He is straight up the definition of a guy with all the tools but no football gameday ability. He can't catch, he refuses to go over the middle, he goes out of bounds at all times, even on kickoffs, and he's really not a good returner. Besides hose 2 kickoffs vs the jets, which even feely said was just more due to an unlucky coverage selection on the kickoff and not really much to do with ted ginn besides him having vision.

1) that was said to be a huge jets mistake rather then a amazing plat by ginn.

2) ginn is an average kick returner even with those kickss. plus he refuses to do anything with toughness. Every time its up to the 20 and out of bounds towards the end of the year.

You can literally say that about ANY player. Take away Brandon Marshall's 21 catches, and he wouldn't look so good, too. You can't take away Ginn's best game to strengthen your argument.

I agree with Miller here. Take away the 2 best returns of all the KRs and tell me where he lands then; if it's still a big gap, then I'll buy it.

Also, a little extreme about Bess and Hartline, no? Budding stars? That's a little much.

Ginn's got every right to tweet that back. The only reason why he shouldnt is because if one guy got a response now hundreds are gonna tweet at him because they want responses too. Ginn is not a person of high power, influence, or responsibility. Had this been someone like... Dwayne Wade or something... then you've got a problem.

I still don't understand why we traded him for most likely nothing.

He's a pretty solid return man, running to the sidelines or not he usually gets a solid 30 yards per kick return and he could have been better if we gave him more short screen routes but it's all said and done and I pray we get a steal with that 5th round pick.

I still don't understand why we traded him for most likely nothing.

He's a pretty solid return man, running to the sidelines or not he usually gets a solid 30 yards per kick return and he could have been better if we gave him more short screen routes but it's all said and done and I pray we get a steal with that 5th round pick.

Because he sucks. He has all tools but no im-game impact. He is a p***y for a football player, refuses to take hits, and cant catch in traffic.

He is not a good returner. IT is to the 20 and the quickest way to the sideline. Even with those 2 kick returns, which both Feely and the jets special teams coahc said was more of terrible coverage rather than GInn doing anything spectacular, GInn is middle of the pack in return yardage. If you take out those 2 kicks, he is 21.9, which would be around dead last, so that shows how much of a kick returner he really is. And you absolutely can take out those 2 kicks because it shows what he is more like most of the time.

Plain and simple, he is not a football player.