Super Saturdays

BroncoBob27

:lol

Never understood why they would want to devote even an instant of attention to a child-molesting freak. Perhaps the result of a sales-pitch combined with wanting to keep costs down. Bad decision, or trade-off, or whatever.

Oh man, Steve Miller Band?! I'm absolutely staying for that, especially since some people call me Maurice.

Never understood why they would want to devote even an instant of attention to a child-molesting freak. Perhaps the result of a sales-pitch combined with wanting to keep costs down. Bad decision, or trade-off, or whatever.

You never understood why they would want to devote an instance of attention to arguably the biggest star in pop music in the last 50 years?

Guest Guest

I think the Rays have a better concert line-up this year. They had John Fogerty just a couple of weeks ago. I'm not personally a huge fan of ZZ Top (they are a big name though) but the Rays had them the following week.

That sh1t is so old. And it was never proven. MJ was the best, a legend never to be matched. If anyone at the game tonight can, please record some of it and share. Marlins game + MJ = I'm jealous.

-stuck in Tallacrappy

I think the Rays have a better concert line-up this year. They had John Fogerty just a couple of weeks ago. I'm not personally a huge fan of ZZ Top (they are a big name though) but the Rays had them the following week.

It's been a couple years now that they've had better concerts. The main reason for this is that like 75% of their acts are already in the general area to play in Orlando (Disney, Universal Studios, the such).

Guest Guest

You are probably right but for what it's worth, Fogerty was performing in Hollywood, FL the Thursday evening before he played at the Trop.

The Marlins were on the road that series, but I'm sure a lot of these performers hit South Florida when touring through Orlando and Tampa/St. Petersburg.

It's been a couple years now that they've had better concerts. The main reason for this is that like 75% of their acts are already in the general area to play in Orlando (Disney, Universal Studios, the such).

So thats why they've gotten some pretty good acts over the years.

Didn't we have Blues Traveler a few years ago?

Seems like every year is a decent mix of performers for everyone. Youre gonna hate some and love others, but youre bound to find at least one that youll enjoy, and i think thats the point, from a marketing/business sense. Have something for everyone

6 of the 10 groups announced so far are Hispanic groups, that's really not much of a mix. I understand why though, the Hispanic groups are the ones that seem to bring the highest attendance.

They still haven't announced anyone for June 26th, July 24th, August 7th, or September 4th, so I'm curious to see who they bring out.

Seems like every year is a decent mix of performers for everyone. Youre gonna hate some and love others, but youre bound to find at least one that youll enjoy, and i think thats the point, from a marketing/business sense. Have something for everyone

6 of the 10 groups announced so far are Hispanic groups, that's really not much of a mix. I understand why though, the Hispanic groups are the ones that seem to bring the highest attendance.

They still haven't announced anyone for June 26th, July 24th, August 7th, or September 4th, so I'm curious to see who they bring out.

It'd be great if we can get back to the point where people go to the games to watch the Marlins play baseball, not which past-their-prime musical act is palying the concert afterwards.

You are probably right but for what it's worth, Fogerty was performing in Hollywood, FL the Thursday evening before he played at the Trop.

The Marlins were on the road that series, but I'm sure a lot of these performers hit South Florida when touring through Orlando and Tampa/St. Petersburg.

A good portion of the tours that come down here don't go past Pompano for what I'm guessing are logistical reasons.

Oh man, Steve Miller Band?! I'm absolutely staying for that, especially since some people call me Maurice.

You never understood why they would want to devote an instance of attention to arguably the biggest star in pop music in the last 50 years?

Sure can't argue that. But never been a pop fan. Heck, I even stopped buying most things by J Geils when they went pop-ish.

That sh1t is so old. And it was never proven. MJ was the best, a legend never to be matched. If anyone at the game tonight can, please record some of it and share. Marlins game + MJ = I'm jealous.

-stuck in Tallacrappy

More funny stuff.

BTW OJ was guilty.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.