Wed, 5/19 = Marlins (21-19) at Cardinals (23-17)

miamibaseball

Wednesday, May 19 Busch Stadium | 8:15 PM ET

FLA Anibal Sanchez, RHP (2-2, 3.83)

Marlins (21-19) @ STL Jaime Garcia, LHP (4-2, 1.42)

Cardinals (23-17)

Marlins: A case can be made that Sanchez is coming off his best outing of the season. The right-hander beat the Mets on May 14, and it was his first win since April 22 at Houston. Sanchez matched his season high with seven strikeouts. The seven innings and 108 pitches also were season highs. Sanchez has made eight starts, and in seven of them he has thrown at least six innings.

Cardinals: The Cardinals' young lefty doesn't pitch like a rookie. He's poised and doesn't get rattled, but more strikingly, he has four pitches that he throws with confidence in a wide variety of counts. The difference-maker seems to be his slider, which he used to get a slew of strikeouts his last time out. Garcia came through the Minors known for a sinker-curveball combination, but the addition of the slider (which he also sometimes throws smaller, like a cutter) has taken him a major step forward http://mlb.mlb.com/news/probable_pitchers/index.jsp?c_id=fla

I want to see Hanley go deep. That's a good apology for the fans.

as a fan i really dont care. it was one play, what about everything else hanley does for this team night in and night out.

I know it wasnt a good example set by our leader but it has definitely been blown out of proportion