6/4 post game

pollythewog

Way to not hustle again, Hanley.

What?

He wasn't even halfway to first base on that play by David Wright. A ball he didn't even hit hard.

They showed the replay of him running, he ran up the base fine. I have no idea what you're talking about. The only time he slowed down was after the ball had already reached 1st.

What?

take a look at his "hustle" going home on cantu's hit and his lolly-gagging out of the box on his at last at bat.

I didn't see anything wrong with his "hustle" going home on Cantu's hit or on that last AB.

another typical loss. with the way atlanta is playing we do not have the luxury of losing games like this.

hanley screwed up another opportunity to drive in key runs just as he did in 2008 when he had 33 home runs but only 67 rbi.

quick turnaround tomorrow and we need to take the series.

sh*t loss but good to see coghlan is coming back to life......but still a sh*t loss.

What?

He wasn't even halfway to first base on that play by David Wright. A ball he didn't even hit hard.

They showed the replay of him running, he ran up the base fine. I have no idea what you're talking about. The only time he slowed down was after the ball had already reached 1st.

I disagree. He ran fine to 1B, but he also waited a good amount before deciding to run hard to 1B. A player with Hanley's speed should at least have made that a bang-bang play at 1B. He, initially, looked at the ball wondering whether it was fair or foul, and I have no idea why he's looking at David Wright as he's running to 1B, either. Even Mets fans on the Mets ESPN board are thankful for his lack of hustle bailing out KRod, right now.

another typical loss. with the way atlanta is playing we do not have the luxury of losing games like this.

hanley screwed up another opportunity to drive in key runs just as he did in 2008 when he had 33 home runs but only 67 rbi.

quick turnaround tomorrow and we need to take the series.

sh*t loss but good to see coghlan is coming back to life......but still a sh*t loss.

That's what happens when you hit leadoff, which he did in 135 games that year. When he finally got moved permanently to the 3 spot he had 24 HRs and 106 RBIs.

What?

I disagree. He ran fine to 1B, but he also waited a good amount before deciding to run hard to 1B. A player with Hanley's speed should at least have made that a bang-bang play at 1B. He, initially, looked at the ball wondering whether it was fair or foul, and I have no idea why he's looking at David Wright as he's running to 1B, either. Even Mets fans on the Mets ESPN board are thankful for his lack of hustle bailing out KRod, right now.

Though I disagree with your assessment, even if that's what happened, that's not a hustle problem, that's a mental error.

I thought he ran around the bases fine on the Cantu hit (where he stole a base to get in scoring position), he ran the bases fine where he beat out a double play to get an RBI (and a second run came in on an error), and I think he ran fine on that last play too.

Hanley ran hard (on the last play and when he got thrown out at home plate), but he took too long to get out of the box on that last out. He hesitated because he thought it was foul. If he had just run hard from the start and waited for a "foul" call he probably would have beaten out that play and we might still be playing or perhaps would have won that game.

Also, not to defend him, but doesn't it seem like he's hurt right now? He seems to be in pain a lot.

: This season's Hanley RISP avg.

It dropped .014 points tonight? Damn. Yeah, he's been pretty bad but as shown by that the sample size isn't huge. And even then his BABIP with RISP is tiny, saying that it's at least partially bad luck. Hopefully he pulls it out.

Hanley ran hard (on the last play and when he got thrown out at home plate), but he took too long to get out of the box on that last out. He hesitated because he thought it was foul. If he had just run hard from the start and waited for a "foul" call he probably would have beaten out that play and we might still be playing or perhaps would have won that game.

Also, not to defend him, but doesn't it seem like he's hurt right now? He seems to be in pain a lot.

Fair enough.

As for your last sentence, Hanley's always been like that. Luis Castillo was like that, too.

Fair enough.

As for your last sentence, Hanley's always been like that. Luis Castillo was like that, too.

Yeah, that's true. He seems to have a strain on his face all the time.

Also, unrelated but it popped in my head, Luis Castillo has no idea how to headfirst slide.

It dropped .014 points tonight? Damn. Yeah, he's been pretty bad but as shown by that the sample size isn't huge. And even then his BABIP with RISP is tiny, saying that it's at least partially bad luck. Hopefully he pulls it out.

None have looked bad luck to me.

Please describe all 65 of his plate appearances with RISP this year.

You mean you remember all of them?

Guest Guest

The comparisons to Luis are nice, guys. But we all know Bonifacio is the only player in the organization who brings all of Luis' skills to the table.

Hey!

He's only a Luis Castillo in progress! Bonifacio's shown some nice things in Winter League ball.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.