owner will get new manger by allstar game

miamibaseball

remember owner was expecting this team to stay in playoff race Fredi even with redone lineup cannot get win toooooooooooo many series lost good team dont loss this many seriers to go postseason Fredi will gone by allstar game or offseason i see Fredi will go brave any way new manger will bring new hitting coach too i see if you do want see new hitting coach

echoing the previous post,

Fredi only has so many levers to pull and going into ST we all knew the bullpen would be a problem...

No one would have thought the following

• Hanley in prolonged FUNk
  • Lolligag Gate
  • Cogz & Maybin slumping this long (Cogs pulled out of nosedive, cameron still sucking wind)

Fredi is a good manager and if you replace him the same product will be on the field... so nothing gets solved

This is a tough one. I believe Fredi is a good manager.. and deserves to get at least the whole year, but I think if we dont catch fire before the all star break he is going to be replaced. Lets not forget this team was 2 games under .500 last year at the break. I have a feeling management wants to go with someone more experienced at this point though. Rumors have been swirling and I think it is going to happen. Also, while I do feel Fredi is a good manager I have a feeling Hanley and Fredi do not jell well and while I feel Hanley is not being the best teammate... it will be Fredi's undoing if they do not get along and jive.

Fredi only has so many levers to pull and going into ST we all knew the bullpen would be a problem...

• Lolligag Gate
  • Cogz & Maybin slumping this long (Cogs pulled out of nosedive, cameron still sucking wind)

Fredi is a good manager and if you replace him the same product will be on the field... so nothing gets solved

Really? No one saw that coming?

• Lolligag Gate

In the interest of completely hanging to the slimmest of hopes that the Miggy trade wasn't for naught, I was hoping it would be just a slump and he'd be able to have a breakout season.

• Lolligag Gate

In the interest of completely hanging to the slimmest of hopes that the Miggy trade wasn't for naught, I was hoping it would be just a slump and he'd be able to have a breakout season.

Yes, but claiming that nobody saw it coming is just wrong. I too hoped, but hope is one thing. Knowing what is probably coming is another.

I don't think Fredi will be replaced by the all star break. The big problem with this team is the middle relief. That hole has not been addressed.

If Stanton can put up a .250./.350/.500 line then I think we will be a little better, since that will replace a guy that is putting up a horrendous .225/.341/.341. That is a pretty substantial upgrade.

Still, the bullpen sucks. Can't really expect much out of a team if you have relievers that cough up big leads all the time.

anyone have an explanation for pulling nolasco after 5 1/3 and 81 pitches (55 or so for strikes) when he wasn't getting hit hard (infield single and swinging bunt single) for tim wood? i don't care if reyes has good numbers against nolasco, he looked like garbage in the first two at bats grounding out to first and had him 0-2 in his 3rd at bat before walking him. i think that was absolute bulls***..

aside from that, why not have all infielders playing in in the bottom of the 8th and no outs. i know they were playing double play depth up the middle but don't you HAVE to go for the out at home knowing that if the run scores we have to face krod in the ninth?

someone please explain cause that made no sense.

anyone have an explanation for pulling nolasco after 5 1/3 and 81 pitches (55 or so for strikes) when he wasn't getting hit hard (infield single and swinging bunt single) for tim wood?

Perhaps the pitching coach and manager, who see Nolasco more than anyone on this board, could see things in his delivery, pitch location, and/or attitude that might have been warning signs. I've always though Fredi was a quick hook, but you can't look at an individual game and know everything that was going on.

anyone have an explanation for pulling nolasco after 5 1/3 and 81 pitches (55 or so for strikes) when he wasn't getting hit hard (infield single and swinging bunt single) for tim wood? i don't care if reyes has good numbers against nolasco, he looked like garbage in the first two at bats grounding out to first and had him 0-2 in his 3rd at bat before walking him. i think that was absolute bulls***..

aside from that, why not have all infielders playing in in the bottom of the 8th and no outs. i know they were playing double play depth up the middle but don't you HAVE to go for the out at home knowing that if the run scores we have to face krod in the ninth?

this isn.t the Krod of a couple years ago. Playing IFers in trying for the out at home leaves huge holes for a hit, most likely scoring 2 or more runs. Going for the DP, allowing the run to score, and then going for the final out leaves us one run down. Or nailing a K and then going for the DP leaves us in a tie. The guys were hitting. And we did have a runner at 2B in the 9th. Even if we had a shutdown pen, this was still the way to play it. But we don,t have that type of pen. Even Hensley was having a bad day.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.