Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7/8 - Marlins @ Diamondbacks

Featured Replies

YOUR Florida Marlins @ the Arizona Diamondbacks

 

Anibal Sanchez @ Rodrigo Lopez

 

Game Time: 9:40PM EST

TV: Fox Sports Florida

Radio: WAXY 790 (English), WAQI 710 (Español)

 

Series at 0-0

OMMMGGGG WHAT A GGAAMMEETHREAAAADD!!!!! I am super pumped! Lebrons conference right before the game is teh shizzle!

 

Can't wait to start my own thread though, never done it. Although, I would be ok if Rab goes 80-0.

 

BTW... I'm still LOADED!

 

I hate west coast games

 

yea the late games kill me. and we go back out West again end of July, but noticed a few of those will be earlier games in SF and SD.

 

 

F it lets win all 4 of these in the desert. Okay probably not but I would be thrilled with 3/4.

Paulino gets the night off

 

#Marlins 7-8 lineup: Coghlan lf, g. Sanchez 1b, ramirez ss, cantu 3b, uggla 2b, ross cf, stanton rf, hayes c, a. Sanchez p

I think the Marlins should just sign Lebron to play catcher tonight.

If I were the Marlin's FO I would pick up Cliff Lee and move Robertson to LR.

 

But of course that wont happen since the FO doesn't care about winning.

  • Author

If I were the Marlin's FO I would pick up Cliff Lee and move Robertson to LR.

 

But of course that wont happen since the FO doesn't care about winning.

 

No yeah, totally. It'd have nothing to do with the fact that the asking price for Lee is huge, he's owed a ton of money, and because it'd still probably not be enough to get us to the postseason.

 

But yeah, they hate wins.

If I were the Marlin's FO I would pick up Cliff Lee and move Robertson to LR.

 

But of course that wont happen since the FO doesn't care about winning.

 

No yeah, totally. It'd have nothing to do with the fact that the asking price for Lee is huge, he's owed a ton of money, and because it'd still probably not be enough to get us to the postseason.

 

But yeah, they hate wins.

 

How much is the asking price for CL anyway?

If I were the Marlin's FO I would pick up Cliff Lee and move Robertson to LR.

 

But of course that wont happen since the FO doesn't care about winning.

 

No yeah, totally. It'd have nothing to do with the fact that the asking price for Lee is huge, he's owed a ton of money, and because it'd still probably not be enough to get us to the postseason.

 

But yeah, they hate wins.

 

You beat me to it.

How much is the asking price for CL anyway?

 

 

I'd believe at least 1 A Prospect, one B prospect and a pitcher in return along with taking his huge contract. If not more.

How much is the asking price for CL anyway?

 

 

I'd believe at least 1 A Prospect, one B prospect and a pitcher in return along with taking his huge contract. If not more.

 

 

Hmm... Then I say we'll just double our payroll.

 

/s

How much is the asking price for CL anyway?

 

 

I'd believe at least 1 A Prospect, one B prospect and a pitcher in return along with taking his huge contract. If not more.

 

 

Hmm... Then I say we'll just double our payroll.

 

Why would you want to deal 2 of our top prospects and raise payroll for half a season of a pitcher that isn't going to be a difference maker in getting into the playoffs?

How much is the asking price for CL anyway?

 

 

I'd believe at least 1 A Prospect, one B prospect and a pitcher in return along with taking his huge contract. If not more.

 

 

Hmm... Then I say we'll just double our payroll.

 

Why would you want to deal 2 of our top prospects and raise payroll for half a season of a pitcher that isn't going to be a difference maker in getting into the playoffs?

 

 

Im being sarcastic, however, the bold statement is a pretty... bold statement to make.

How so? Our main problem is bullpen and consistent offense. How is an ace pitcher going to change that?

The only thing I could see is that either Volstad or Robertson would move to the pen but mainly in LR roles. The bullpen has turned it around but I doubt Veras keeps up this lights out success, even though I'm enjoying it.

That leaves the offense and to get Lee we'd most likely need to trade a guy like LoMo who could be a guy we really need offensively.

So I really don't see how Cliff Lee makes this team a playoff team.

How so? Our main problem is bullpen and consistent offense. How is an ace pitcher going to change that?

The only thing I could see is that either Volstad or Robertson would move to the pen but mainly in LR roles. The bullpen has turned it around but I doubt Veras keeps up this lights out success, even though I'm enjoying it.

That leaves the offense and to get Lee we'd most likely need to trade a guy like LoMo who could be a guy we really need offensively.

So I really don't see how Cliff Lee makes this team a playoff team.

 

 

 

 

I don't think we should be trading for Cliff Lee, but to suggest Cliff Lee wouldn't make this team better is insane.

 

By the way, I think the rotation is a bigger issue than the bullpen, right now. The bullpen is beginning to take shape with roles, etc. I have little confidence in the rotation. I expect JJ to be JJ, and Nolasco to get better, but I also expect Anibal Sanchez to not be as good in the 2nd half, and after that, there isn't much to count on.

 

The only reason to not think about trading for Cliff Lee is because the team isn't a contender, right now. But if the team were 4 games over .500 instead of 4 under (for example), I'd make the move. If the front office had no problem trading Adrian Gonzalez for Ugueth Urbina in 2003, they shouldn't have any problems trading for Cliff Lee to try and win the whole thing.

 

A trade for Cliff Lee would make the team a legit contender. But, as has been said, there's no guarantee at this point because the team is so far behind in the standings. Better off keeping the prospects and building the core for the future, right now.

Paulino gets the night off

 

#Marlins 7-8 lineup: Coghlan lf, g. Sanchez 1b, ramirez ss, cantu 3b, uggla 2b, ross cf, stanton rf, hayes c, a. Sanchez p

 

 

Glad to hear it's happening before his legs fall off.

If I were the Marlin's FO I would pick up Cliff Lee and move Robertson to LR.

 

But of course that wont happen since the FO doesn't care about winning.

 

No yeah, totally. It'd have nothing to do with the fact that the asking price for Lee is huge, he's owed a ton of money, and because it'd still probably not be enough to get us to the postseason.

 

But yeah, they hate wins.

 

How much is the asking price for CL anyway?

Morrison would be gone. So would someone like Skipworth, Tucker, Galloway, Cousins.

Ya think others are watching ESPN tonight and not watching the game??? :mis2

 

 

Lebron to the Heat, blah. Clippers or Nets would be more exciting. And shocking.

Who is this Lebron? I've been watching the Marlins pregame this entire time :D

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.