Mariners bringing back Northwest Green (Teal) Jerseys

SilverBullet

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101020&content_id=15744706&vkey=news_sea&c_id=sea

The M's are using their 1995-1996 alternate jerseys again in 2011... they call it Northwest Green but its essentialy a version of teal (maybe a touch darker)... I like them because I like teal. My point is, its a shame the Marlins are so against teal because, while many people seem to hate the color, the M's are proving it can still be used appropriately and quite well.

I know I'm beating a dead horse and I'm not fighting for the teal anymore, but I just thought some of you would like to see this teal-comeback pointed out.

The Mariners are more concerned with what uniforms they're going to wear than how they're going to improve on their 101 loss season :|

That's totally what this says to me... or maybe that the marketing people can't really affect the onfield product.

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not...(I was half kidding), but the article makes it seem like their GM Jack Z had some say in it:

"When we brought the green jerseys back for this past year's 'Turn Back the Clock Day', our fans and players told us they enjoyed the retro style, therefore we will make this a part of our 2011 uniform look," general manager Jack Zduriencik said.

I think there's a gradual move toward more uni-color (none white) home alternates in MLB. Teams like Atlanta and Boston have had them for a couple of years and KC and Tampa have introduced their own recently.

I think it might be replacing the sleeveless fad that seems to have gone away.

While the Mariners have their work cut out for them in returning to playoff form I think this

"When we brought the green jerseys back for this past year's 'Turn Back the Clock Day', our fans and players told us they enjoyed the retro style, therefore we will make this a part of our 2011 uniform look,"

speaks volumes about their organization, they actually listened to their fans! Who knows maybe other franchises including the Marlins will do so.