Watch the Rays new turf go in

True CRaysball

In 2011 more people will see the Rays' playing field on that pixelated webcam than in person.

From the guy that throws a tantrum anytime someone mentions the attendance numbers for the Fish.

No hyprocrisy here.

I thought they recently replaced that artificial turf. Was it that long ago?

Where are you getting that nonsense from? I've never done any such thing.

I think you guys are all missing the point.

As Marlins fans, we all agree that our attendance sucks. The guy who created this thread is the same guy who comes on here and posts stuff like we're supposed to be Rays fans. He also refers to his fanbase as the "Rays Republic," as if they're Red Sox fans, worthy of such a nickname.

I'm pretty sure that's why el_penguino said that.

It's not a double-standard; it's simply a joke.....which I found to be rather funny.

I think you guys are all missing the point.

As Marlins fans, we all agree that our attendance sucks. The guy who created this thread is the same guy who comes on here and posts stuff like we're supposed to be Rays fans. He also refers to his fanbase as the "Rays Republic," as if they're Red Sox fans, worthy of such a nickname.

I'm pretty sure that's why el_penguino said that.

It's not a double-standard; it's simply a joke.....which I found to be rather funny.

Bingo.

I didn't name them the Rays Republic, someone else did, I just used it. Second, I didn't put this as you were "supposed to be rays fans" I put this because it's interesting to me, how often do you get to watch fake turf be put it. But that's me, a person who has a thing for watching behind the scenes crap. Third, I know this is the internet, but geez learn some kindness it won't kill you, honestly.

I didn't name them the Rays Republic, someone else did, I just used it. Second, I didn't put this as you were "supposed to be rays fans" I put this because it's interesting to me, how often do you get to watch fake turf be put it. But that's me, a person who has a thing for watching behind the scenes crap. Third, I know this is the internet, but geez learn some kindness it won't kill you, honestly.

Oh yes it will. I came very close just this week.

• 3 weeks later...

Why is that website called Astroturf? I though Astro Turf wasn't used anymore because of how dangerous it was for players. Is it being used as a generic a generic term like Googling or Xerox or Kleenex? I believer the new stuff is called field turf.

Why is that website called Astroturf? I though Astro Turf wasn't used anymore because of how dangerous it was for players. Is it being used as a generic a generic term like Googling or Xerox or Kleenex? I believer the new stuff is called field turf.

A little bit of both. AstroTurf is a brand name, the product they produce now is much better than what they made back in the day. What is being installed now is the new AstoTurf GameDay Grass, which is the new model of what the Blue Jays have been using since 2005 . The old AstroTurf isn't used by anyone.

FieldTurf is just another brand. No one in baseball actually uses FieldTurf anymore (The Trop just changed from it and the Metrodome isn't in use anymore).

• 5 weeks later...