Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fantasy Baseball?

Featured Replies

http://games.espn.go...d=172747&mode=1

 

That's the recap, I don't know if it's public but if it is, outside sources rate our teams.

 

 

 

-Black Fridays (whoever that is) had a really nice draft.

-Lion Butter Lionfish had a great draft.

-Reservoir Dogs made some interesting picks late in the draft. Maybe it's just my personal bias for Kila Ka'aihue this year + the fact nobody seems to know who he is.

-Mike had naked pictures of Mike Stanton, while doing the draft.

-I didn't like Piazza's draft, although his pitching should be great.

  • Author

http://games.espn.go...d=172747&mode=1

 

That's the recap, I don't know if it's public but if it is, outside sources rate our teams.

 

 

 

-Black Fridays (whoever that is) had a really nice draft.

-Lion Butter Lionfish had a great draft.

-Reservoir Dogs made some interesting picks late in the draft. Maybe it's just my personal bias for Kila Ka'aihue this year + the fact nobody seems to know who he is.

-Mike had naked pictures of Mike Stanton, while doing the draft.

-I didn't like Piazza's draft, although his pitching should be great.

 

BOOM

http://games.espn.go...d=172747&mode=1

 

That's the recap, I don't know if it's public but if it is, outside sources rate our teams.

 

 

 

-Black Fridays (whoever that is) had a really nice draft.

-Lion Butter Lionfish had a great draft.

-Reservoir Dogs made some interesting picks late in the draft. Maybe it's just my personal bias for Kila Ka'aihue this year + the fact nobody seems to know who he is.

-Mike had naked pictures of Mike Stanton, while doing the draft.

-I didn't like Piazza's draft, although his pitching should be great.

 

BOOM

 

Don't get me wrong, there are lots of question marks. However, I liked that you were able to get a shortstop and a catcher early. Two tough positions to fill out, specifically shortstop. I think I might consider picking Hanley with the 1st pick if I had it, but that's just me.

 

Plus, I really like your top 3 pitchers and the rounds you got them in. Lester should have a very good year on a great Boston team. Liriano and Scherzer should be good. Lots of K's with those three.

http://games.espn.go...d=172747&mode=1

 

That's the recap, I don't know if it's public but if it is, outside sources rate our teams.

 

 

 

-Black Fridays (whoever that is) had a really nice draft.

-Lion Butter Lionfish had a great draft.

-Reservoir Dogs made some interesting picks late in the draft. Maybe it's just my personal bias for Kila Ka'aihue this year + the fact nobody seems to know who he is.

-Mike had naked pictures of Mike Stanton, while doing the draft.

-I didn't like Piazza's draft, although his pitching should be great.

 

You meant to say Dr Beinfest you're awesome and your team is going to win it all.

 

It's okay, I forgive you.

http://games.espn.go...d=172747&mode=1

 

That's the recap, I don't know if it's public but if it is, outside sources rate our teams.

 

 

 

-Black Fridays (whoever that is) had a really nice draft.

-Lion Butter Lionfish had a great draft.

-Reservoir Dogs made some interesting picks late in the draft. Maybe it's just my personal bias for Kila Ka'aihue this year + the fact nobody seems to know who he is.

-Mike had naked pictures of Mike Stanton, while doing the draft.

-I didn't like Piazza's draft, although his pitching should be great.

 

You meant to say Dr Beinfest you're awesome and your team is going to win it all.

 

It's okay, I forgive you.

 

 

What's your team name?

  • Author

http://games.espn.go...d=172747&mode=1

 

That's the recap, I don't know if it's public but if it is, outside sources rate our teams.

 

 

 

-Black Fridays (whoever that is) had a really nice draft.

-Lion Butter Lionfish had a great draft.

-Reservoir Dogs made some interesting picks late in the draft. Maybe it's just my personal bias for Kila Ka'aihue this year + the fact nobody seems to know who he is.

-Mike had naked pictures of Mike Stanton, while doing the draft.

-I didn't like Piazza's draft, although his pitching should be great.

 

You meant to say Dr Beinfest you're awesome and your team is going to win it all.

 

It's okay, I forgive you.

 

 

What's your team name?

 

He's Prostate.

http://games.espn.go...d=172747&mode=1

 

That's the recap, I don't know if it's public but if it is, outside sources rate our teams.

 

 

 

-Black Fridays (whoever that is) had a really nice draft.

-Lion Butter Lionfish had a great draft.

-Reservoir Dogs made some interesting picks late in the draft. Maybe it's just my personal bias for Kila Ka'aihue this year + the fact nobody seems to know who he is.

-Mike had naked pictures of Mike Stanton, while doing the draft.

-I didn't like Piazza's draft, although his pitching should be great.

 

You meant to say Dr Beinfest you're awesome and your team is going to win it all.

 

It's okay, I forgive you.

 

 

What's your team name?

 

He's Prostate.

 

 

Yeah, I didn't really like that team.

 

By the way, Yabba Dabba Bitches has a really good team, too. It would have been better had he not made the unnecessary Ryan Howard pick/reached for Dan Haren. But yeah, that's a really good team with a lot of depth.

For the record, SAVES are a statistic. Piazza's pitching isn't as strong as it looks if he doesn't have a single RP.

I have a young staff.. hopefully they step up. I like that I'll be able to get a ton of Ks from my closers. Like my offense a lot (especially when berkman can play OF and Davis UT).. though I'm sure I'll be a waiver whore for catchers the entire year

Yeah, I didn't really like that team.

 

By the way, Yabba Dabba Bitches has a really good team, too. It would have been better had he not made the unnecessary Ryan Howard pick/reached for Dan Haren. But yeah, that's a really good team with a lot of depth.

 

 

Hater.

For the record, SAVES are a statistic. Piazza's pitching isn't as strong as it looks if he doesn't have a single RP.

 

 

 

It's one statistic.

It's also a statistic that can easily be picked up on the waiver wire, if you're really in need for saves.

 

He decided to take a guy like Brandon Webb late to see if he can re-gain his form of old. If he doesn't, he'll just drop him for saves. I think that's a great strategy. He also has Carlos Silva (don't know why) and a couple of other guys he can drop for saves, if need be.

 

Quality starters are just more difficult to find.

 

Only thing I don't like about his team is that he went overboard with the pitching and it will, more than likely, hurt his every day lineup. It seems like he has the worst every day lineup in the league.

I have a young staff.. hopefully they step up. I like that I'll be able to get a ton of Ks from my closers. Like my offense a lot (especially when berkman can play OF and Davis UT).. though I'm sure I'll be a waiver whore for catchers the entire year

 

 

 

-CarGo and Bautista will probably regress, although they'll still be fine in fantasy, imo. I actually really like Bautista in the 4th round.

-Marmol alone guarantees you the most K's from the relievers, lol. Matt Thornton is a nice pick, although you maybe could've gotten him a couple rounds later.

-Gallardo and Sanchez will piss you off, even though they're high upside guys, which is good.

-Chacin and Matusz = two very good picks for your pitching depth.

-Brett Myers was one of the most consistent pitchers in baseball last year. Not sure if he repeats that, but you never know. Not bad. Cueto also has some upside. I like your pitching depth.

-You also got Chapman. More K's and I think he'll be getting saves, when it's all said and done. Cordero sucks.

 

Your team is pretty good. I also like the Stephen Drew pick. You probably don't even need him, since you have Tulo. However, Drew is still a top 10 player, at worst, at his position. Once the majority of the shortstops start sucking, Drew might be good trade bait...

I'm not in this league, but I'm shaking my head at whoever picked David Wright 16th overall.

  • Author

I'm not in this league, but I'm shaking my head at whoever picked David Wright 16th overall.

 

 

Lol, that was Admin with the autodraft.

I'm not in this league, but I'm shaking my head at whoever picked David Wright 16th overall.

 

 

 

If the league counted SB's, it would actually be a good pick.

It's one statistic.

It's also a statistic that can easily be picked up on the waiver wire, if you're really in need for saves.

 

He decided to take a guy like Brandon Webb late to see if he can re-gain his form of old. If he doesn't, he'll just drop him for saves. I think that's a great strategy. He also has Carlos Silva (don't know why) and a couple of other guys he can drop for saves, if need be.

 

Quality starters are just more difficult to find.

 

Only thing I don't like about his team is that he went overboard with the pitching and it will, more than likely, hurt his every day lineup. It seems like he has the worst every day lineup in the league.

 

 

Your logic. It's missing. There's 6 pitching statistics. 1 of them is exclusive to relievers (saves) while 1 is exclusive to starters (quality starts). And one of them is generally more favorable to starters (wins). The rest? They can go either way, since there is no statistics counting IP or GS or anything like that.

 

He literally is giving up one of 12 points every single week by not getting a save. Even if he picks up a pitcher on the waiver wire, he's not going to stand a chance against someone who has more than one legitimate closer (I took 4, considering we have 7 or 8 pitcher slots in this league).

 

 

Take a look at the statistics in the league if you haven't already, and reconsider:

 

R

HR

TB

RBI

AVG

OBP

 

K

QS

W

SV

ERA

WHIP

I'm not in this league, but I'm shaking my head at whoever picked David Wright 16th overall.

 

 

Lol, that was Admin with the autodraft.

 

The autopick gave him Zimmerman in the next round. :lol

I have a young staff.. hopefully they step up. I like that I'll be able to get a ton of Ks from my closers. Like my offense a lot (especially when berkman can play OF and Davis UT).. though I'm sure I'll be a waiver whore for catchers the entire year

 

 

 

-CarGo and Bautista will probably regress, although they'll still be fine in fantasy, imo. I actually really like Bautista in the 4th round.

-Marmol alone guarantees you the most K's from the relievers, lol. Matt Thornton is a nice pick, although you maybe could've gotten him a couple rounds later.

-Gallardo and Sanchez will piss you off, even though they're high upside guys, which is good.

-Chacin and Matusz = two very good picks for your pitching depth.

-Brett Myers was one of the most consistent pitchers in baseball last year. Not sure if he repeats that, but you never know. Not bad. Cueto also has some upside. I like your pitching depth.

-You also got Chapman. More K's and I think he'll be getting saves, when it's all said and done. Cordero sucks.

 

Your team is pretty good. I also like the Stephen Drew pick. You probably don't even need him, since you have Tulo. However, Drew is still a top 10 player, at worst, at his position. Once the majority of the shortstops start sucking, Drew might be good trade bait...

Thanks for the input.. since we have a 2B/SS utility position, Drew will be starting.

 

Agree on Gallardo and Sanchez.. hopefully they can be more consistent this year because the talent is definitely there. That pretty much goes for Matusz, Chacin and Cueto too. I have a feeling those 5 are going to piss me off a lot this year.

 

Agree I went a little early on Thornton but I am a huge fan. Hopefully Ozzie doesn't screw him up

 

Without looking to in depth around the league, I think I should be okay in the OBP area.

It's one statistic.

It's also a statistic that can easily be picked up on the waiver wire, if you're really in need for saves.

 

He decided to take a guy like Brandon Webb late to see if he can re-gain his form of old. If he doesn't, he'll just drop him for saves. I think that's a great strategy. He also has Carlos Silva (don't know why) and a couple of other guys he can drop for saves, if need be.

 

Quality starters are just more difficult to find.

 

Only thing I don't like about his team is that he went overboard with the pitching and it will, more than likely, hurt his every day lineup. It seems like he has the worst every day lineup in the league.

 

 

Your logic. It's missing. There's 6 pitching statistics. 1 of them is exclusive to relievers (saves) while 1 is exclusive to starters (quality starts). And one of them is generally more favorable to starters (wins). The rest? They can go either way, since there is no statistics counting IP or GS or anything like that.

 

He literally is giving up one of 12 points every single week by not getting a save. Even if he picks up a pitcher on the waiver wire, he's not going to stand a chance against someone who has more than one legitimate closer (I took 4, considering we have 7 or 8 pitcher slots in this league).

 

 

Take a look at the statistics in the league if you haven't already, and reconsider:

 

R

HR

TB

RBI

AVG

OBP

 

K

QS

W

SV

ERA

WHIP

 

 

K's - you'll get more from starters because they throw more innings. If it was K/9, different story. Overall K's, advantage starter.

QS - starters

W - starters

SV - relievers

ERA/WHIP - it all depends. If you get dominant relievers, the advantage is to the reliever because their sample is smaller. However, this isn't really a problem for Piazza because he has a bunch of stud starting pitchers. His #4 is Ubaldo Jimenez. All in all, he's got five starters who, combined, should be good for a seasonal WHIP of 1.2 or less. That's very good, so there's no real advantage to acquiring relievers in this case.

 

Also, you're not taking into account that he can still get saves. Saves is the easiest statistic to get in fantasy. Relievers rise and fall every year.

 

Plus, if you're trying to win the saves category, you probably accomplished that. That's all you really accomplished, though. Of all the relievers you got, only one of them is elite at this point, and even he (Bell) had a 1.2 WHIP last year (which is pretty much what Piazza is going to get from his starters).

 

Papelbon has sucked for awhile now and K-Rod is overrated, as well. They're just names who get drafted based on their names. If you really wanted saves, you could've just waited and gotten Leo Nunez, which would, more than likely, lead you to similar results at the end of the year.

 

Your theory only makes sense if you're loading up with guys like Mariano Rivera, Joakim Soria, Carlos Marmol, etc. A bunch of elite closers.

K's - you'll get more from starters because they throw more innings. If it was K/9, different story. Overall K's, advantage starter.

QS - starters

W - starters

SV - relievers

ERA/WHIP - it all depends. If you get dominant relievers, the advantage is to the reliever because their sample is smaller. However, this isn't really a problem for Piazza because he has a bunch of stud starting pitchers. His #4 is Ubaldo Jimenez. All in all, he's got five starters who, combined, should be good for a seasonal WHIP of 1.2 or less. That's very good, so there's no real advantage to acquiring relievers in this case.

 

Also, you're not taking into account that he can still get saves. Saves is the easiest statistic to get in fantasy. Relievers rise and fall every year.

 

Plus, if you're trying to win the saves category, you probably accomplished that. That's all you really accomplished, though. Of all the relievers you got, only one of them is elite at this point, and even he (Bell) had a 1.2 WHIP last year (which is pretty much what Piazza is going to get from his starters).

 

Papelbon has sucked for awhile now and K-Rod is overrated, as well. They're just names who get drafted based on their names. If you really wanted saves, you could've just waited and gotten Leo Nunez, which would, more than likely, lead you to similar results at the end of the year.

 

Your theory only makes sense if you're loading up with guys like Mariano Rivera, Joakim Soria, Carlos Marmol, etc. A bunch of elite closers.

 

 

I'm not implying that he's not going to win his SP statistics most of the time, but he has indefinitely lost the saves. Permanently. A QS is a QS, regardless of a shutout, a complete game, whatever. All of my SPs are capable of fighting for QS with his on any given week.

 

With the ERA/WHIP, there's no set limit for how much you have to play your players. I could literally rotate my pitchers out once I've achieved a low ERA/WHIP, which is a flaw. It doesn't matter if he has 10 pitchers who are all awesome.

 

And I'm not boasting my team's strength in pitching by any means. I just have a very well balanced team in my opinion, and I got a few potential steals with guys like Derrek Lee and Vladdy.

 

And this year's Cy Young Mat Latos ;)

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.