Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fantasy Baseball?

Featured Replies

Iowa, who do you want for Stephen Drew?

 

What team are you? Make an offer.. worst I can do is decline

 

Yabba Dabba B*tches

I'm less inclined to move Drew because there are really no decent options available to replace him. Would be a lot easier moving one of my 1Bs, 3Bs or OFs.

 

It doesn't have to be a swap.. maybe one of my SP + a position player for an upgraded SP if there are any takers

Not to pat myself on the back.. but I got Coghlan, Ike Davis, Lance Berkman and Russel Martin in the 20th round and later :mischief

Not to pat myself on the back.. but I got Coghlan, Ike Davis, Lance Berkman and Russel Martin in the 20th round and later :mischief

 

 

Berkman's been on fiyah

Your pitching staff is pretty similar to mine in namesake and style.

 

However, I wouldn't touch Ryan Dempster with a 10 foot pole.

 

ERA and WHIP f*** me, but his Ks are all I'm looking for

just dropped him for Guthrie

 

also, I'm thinking about trading Choo for Longoria, but their last year stats are almost identical. the only reason why I'm thinkin it is because i have 7 OFs and 1 3B (Aramis) on my team. should I?

I have the same issue with being short on 2B and 1 too many OFs... I'm assuming you have the 3B and the 3B/1B? If so, do it or find another 1B.

  • Author

I have the same issue with being short on 2B and 1 too many OFs... I'm assuming you have the 3B and the 3B/1B? If so, do it or find another 1B.

 

 

I have some 2B to spare if you're interested.

I'm gonna sit on Infante for a good while before I decide to make any moves. Come back in a month, if he's still batting under .250 he's a problem child.

  • Author

Looking for a starting pitcher. Make me an offer.

Well gizmo,my mancrush on Kimbrel is already subsiding :lol

  • Author

Well gizmo,my mancrush on Kimbrel is already subsiding :lol

 

 

Haha, I was thinking that too. What luck

on April 1st, I posted a message on my pay leagues message board:

Subject: Too early to start talking sh*t?

Message: YOU'RE ALL f***ED

 

on May 1st, I'm in 1st place with a 26-13-1 record.

 

feels good :)

just picked up Lohse the other day, though. rooting for him tonight's gonna be weird.

Are people really getting in to the habit of dropping and adding SPs so they can accumulate stats for a week? Is there any thing we can do to not allow this? I think its pretty lame.. considering we have 8 teams (well 7, not counting Admin) who have about 7 or 8 acquisitions and then 2 teams with over 20 and counting.

 

I think we should change matchup acquisitions to a smaller number.

Are people really getting in to the habit of dropping and adding SPs so they can accumulate stats for a week? Is there any thing we can do to not allow this? I think its pretty lame.. considering we have 8 teams (well 7, not counting Admin) who have about 7 or 8 acquisitions and then 2 teams with over 20 and counting.

 

I think we should change matchup acquisitions to a smaller number.

 

 

It's all part of management strategy

:lol

 

No its not

 

 

I think it is. I purposely drafted better hitters before starting to pick top SP's because I like having 1 pitcher spot to rotate with good FA probable pitchers if particular matchups appeal to me.

Its the worst thing about fantasy baseball and it takes no skill at all except time to change your lineup excessively.

 

3 lineup categories can be "bought" by using the waiver wire excessively and takes all the fun out of the league and managing your own team.

 

I think its pretty cheap and hope Gizmo will change the waiver rules before the season keeps going and you get in to over 200 acquisitions on the year.

 

I vote we make the league weekly lineup changes instead of daily.

 

 

..to say you did this purposely is funny. You took 4 SP in the first 11 rounds.

Its the worst thing about fantasy baseball and it takes no skill at all except time to change your lineup excessively.

 

3 lineup categories can be "bought" by using the waiver wire excessively and takes all the fun out of the league and managing your own team.

 

I think its pretty cheap and hope Gizmo will change the waiver rules before the season keeps going and you get in to over 200 acquisitions on the year.

 

I vote we make the league weekly lineup changes instead of daily.

 

 

..to say you did this purposely is funny. You took 4 SP in the first 11 rounds.

 

 

Yes that would suggest otherwise. But it was part of my overall strategy as I had won the past 2 seasons of the MB.com Keeper League by using such a strategy.

I still don't see it as a strategy as much as I see it as a loophole

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.