Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fantasy Baseball?

Featured Replies

I still don't see it as a strategy as much as I see it as a loophole

 

 

 

It's not really cheating.

If a pitcher is out there, he's more than likely not that great.

 

You're taking a risk at two horrible starts per week using that strategy, as well.

 

I've tried it in my money fantasy league and it almost never works. I decided to stop doing it, lol.

  • Author

For the record guys, I can't change anything at this point.

Are people really getting in to the habit of dropping and adding SPs so they can accumulate stats for a week? Is there any thing we can do to not allow this? I think its pretty lame.. considering we have 8 teams (well 7, not counting Admin) who have about 7 or 8 acquisitions and then 2 teams with over 20 and counting.

 

I think we should change matchup acquisitions to a smaller number.

 

 

Dont blame the people, blame the league setup.

 

We shouldn't be allowed 15 additions per week, we should be allowed like... 2.

 

Or even better, don't make it work by week. Just make it work by the entire season. Congratulations, you get 15 additions for the whole year. Make them last, sucker!

Neat.

 

 

or you guys could have fun, get your best team and play fair like everybody else in the league.

Neat.

 

 

or you guys could have fun, get your best team and play fair like everybody else in the league.

 

 

It is playing fair - the rules dont suggest otherwise

 

Winning >>> Having fun :thumbup

I'm pretty crap at this fantasy thing ... but I am having fun. :D

 

As long as I finish above Admin I'm good.

 

 

You got the mos BS win against me lol. I flat out destroyed you in some stats and had the leads in some of the close ones but then come Sunday you pulled off some BS that took back the close ones.

Sorry guys. I had every intention of being active. I won't join next year.

 

BTW, in case anyone's missed the topic in the Outfield... some of us are playing a new type of fantasy game over at FanDuel. It's daily so being active is pretty much a given and it's for real money. 18 and over only.

 

Plus, you will get $25 to use when you deposit $10 if you use this link - http://www.fanduel.com/s/03U3HLJU0Q

Sorry guys. I had every intention of being active. I won't join next year.

 

BTW, in case anyone's missed the topic in the Outfield... some of us are playing a new type of fantasy game over at FanDuel. It's daily so being active is pretty much a given and it's for real money. 18 and over only.

 

Plus, you will get $25 to use when you deposit $10 if you use this link - http://www.fanduel.com/s/03U3HLJU0Q

 

At the very least, how about checking back every couple weeks and fixing your lineup? Not this week of course..

 

At least humor us and field an entire team for those that are keeping up with it

so on my fantasy team, I have a sh*t ton of outfielders: McCutchen, Heyward, Choo, Beltran, Bruce, Stubbs, Torres, and Damon

at 1B I only have Adrian Gonzalez and at C I only have Avila. I offered this guy Heyward for VMart. he wants McCutchen.

pretty sure I should do it... but... should I?

and Schnell takes a close win in the matchup of the two best records currently. Would've helped had I not forgotten to start Jamie Garcia when he had a dominating outing... sigh, should always set my lineups BEFORE going on vacation. :banghead

 

 

ah well, until next time we meet.

  • 1 month later...

cool. i did not want 4 closers and was having no luck moving them.. needed a consistent pitcher with good IP and WHIP. Like Axford alot so i thought trading two top notch closers would be worth getting rid of roster spot.

 

team is not doing well but i like my chances of getting back in to it. Rotation is finally coming together.

blah blah blah, I currently have Jeter at SS, Napoli at C, Harang at SP, and Hanson at SP all on the DL (Well, Hanson comes off tonight).

 

I had my best hitter aside from Cabrera out two weeks in Matt Holliday. I'm makin do with what I got though!

I'm going to nominate myself for "Pick-up of the Year" - Ty Wiggington.

 

Picked him up last Wednesday, and since then in 7 games he has 6 HR and 10 RBI. Not bad for a player off the scrap heap.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.