4/21 Post Game

gizmo

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!

Scott Cousins with his first major league home run: a grandslam! Hey Hey Hayes with a three-run home run. And Mike Stanton has returned with a home run! Overall, our offense came to life tonight and considering we didn't have Cogs, Buck, or Logan it was nice to see. Volstad was ok at least, better than I expected and seemed better than his last starts. Overall good game and we sweeped the Pirates out of FL. No tv game tomorrow unfortunately :confused

I know most of you are probably voting for Cousins, but I picked Stanton for three reasons:

1) Finally hit his 1st HR

2) Walked twice and didn't K. Not his usual performance

3) Scored each time he reached base (including the HR)

Cousins earned it too though with the GS and double

great defence and bullpen work and as i said in the morrison thread, i really think cousins can contribute.

however another failure by volstad to get through the 5th inning and he wins yet another game where he gives up 5 runs and his offense saves his ass.

He did get through the 5th inning.

I know most of you are probably voting for Cousins, but I picked Stanton for three reasons:

1) Finally hit his 1st HR

2) Walked twice and didn't K. Not his usual performance

3) Scored each time he reached base (including the HR)

Cousins earned it too though with the GS and double

I went with Cousins..his first home run and a grand slam. But I agree, tough decision in the end. Glad to see Stanton with his first of many home runs.

Tough luck from the bullpen for Volstad . Swinging bunt, a soft hit and hit batter lead to all 3 of his inherited runs scoring. Volstad pitched much better than his line. Only 4 hits and 5 strikeouts in 5+ inns. Too many walks though the only bad thing. Did foxtracks show the pitches?

Perhaps he should consider going the full six against a mediocre lineup next time. Plus, 3 walks in 5.1 innings + more flyball outs than groundball outs. If anything, he was lucky the offense supported him enough to get a win.

great defence and bullpen work and as i said in the morrison thread, i really think cousins can contribute.

however another failure by volstad to get through the 5th inning and he wins yet another game where he gives up 5 runs and his offense saves his ass.

He did get through the 5th inning.

my bad i meant the 6th. typo

Yeah... I'm delayed on it but my opinion of Volstad is starting to shift. Not that I thought he was some superstar... but I like to give guys more of the benefit rather than the doubt. He had 4 strong innings versus an awful, awful lineup. Even the first HR was acceptable. But he needs to not get shat on like that again.

Yeah... I'm delayed on it but my opinion of Volstad is starting to shift. Not that I thought he was some superstar... but I like to give guys more of the benefit rather than the doubt. He had 4 strong innings versus an awful, awful lineup. Even the first HR was acceptable. But he needs to not get shat on like that again.

i wouldnt call the pirates awful at all they have a lot of talent with alvarez, walker, tabata, mccutchen, and jones.

but thats no excuse for how he pitched in the 6th.

Tough luck from the bullpen for Volstad . Swinging bunt, a soft hit and hit batter lead to all 3 of his inherited runs scoring. Volstad pitched much better than his line. Only 4 hits and 5 strikeouts in 5+ inns. Too many walks though the only bad thing. Did foxtracks show the pitches?

Perhaps he should consider going the full six against a mediocre lineup next time. Plus, 3 walks in 5.1 innings + more flyball outs than groundball outs. If anything, he was lucky the offense supported him enough to get a win.

No 5 ground outs and 4 fly outs The bullpen really let him down

i wouldnt call the pirates awful at all they have a lot of talent with alvarez, walker, tabata, mccutchen, and jones.

but thats not excuse for how he pitched in the 6th.

Overall, the Pirates offense is sub-par. Especially when we caught them. Not to discredit Ricky and JJ (and specifically not JJ), but they had relatively easy games against those lineups, and clearly made the best of it.

Volstad had the same situation, and WAS making the best of it through 4 on 1 hit (a HR). And then got shat on.