Jose Lopez

canada-marlin24

allow the Marlins to eventually get rid of Helms.

With any luck, Jack will talk the FO into releasing Helms within a matter of days. I'm assuming Helms doesn't have pictures of someone.

Lopez screwed up by not throwing home and allowing the 2nd run to score in Monday's game. Had he gone home, the runner was dead meat.

I was shocked that Buck didn't scream "home" (or would that be "4" as he screams "2" when he wants a throw to second?) Or, maybe he did. He was left standing at the plate with no ball. Rich and Tommy didn't make a big deal of it, but Tommy clearly thought he had at least an even chance. I think it would have easily been an out.

With any further luck, Jack makes sure that that doesn't happen again. How in the devil do you throw to first in a tied game when the guy on third (yeah, I know he's fast) is still 30 feet from home? Ridiculous mental lapse by Lopez. Nobody knows what would have happened after an out at home, but at least the game would still have been 1-1.

The most important play of the game, never mind Hanley watching a close pitch go by with the bat on his shoulder or Gaby's bad luck with a line shot hitting the corner of 1B.

I think that both Lopez and Wise (and Dobbs too) are playing for long-term deals next year. Or at least MLB contracts. That right there will be a motivating factor since players statistically perform better in contract years. I don't know how well that actually implies because when people talk about contract years, it usually means already big-named players kicking it into an extra gear in an attempt to get a fat deal.

But still, I wouldn't be surprised to see Lopez turn it around and have a decent, if not good, year.

allow the Marlins to eventually get rid of Helms.

With any luck, Jack will talk the FO into releasing Helms within a matter of days. I'm assuming Helms doesn't have pictures of someone.

Lopez screwed up by not throwing home and allowing the 2nd run to score in Monday's game. Had he gone home, the runner was dead meat.

I was shocked that Buck didn't scream "home" (or would that be "4" as he screams "2" when he wants a throw to second?) Or, maybe he did. He was left standing at the plate with no ball. Rich and Tommy didn't make a big deal of it, but Tommy clearly thought he had at least an even chance. I think it would have easily been an out.

With any further luck, Jack makes sure that that doesn't happen again. How in the devil do you throw to first in a tied game when the guy on third (yeah, I know he's fast) is still 30 feet from home? Ridiculous mental lapse by Lopez. Nobody knows what would have happened after an out at home, but at least the game would still have been 1-1.

The most important play of the game, never mind Hanley watching a close pitch go by with the bat on his shoulder or Gaby's bad luck with a line shot hitting the corner of 1B.

I originally thought that but the post game show went over the play and the runner would have been safe by the time Lopez got his arm up to throw.

He was good in Seattle he started off good with Colorado, he's not as awful as some seem to claim, and he's a good defender as well.

He's not as bad as a player as we're making him seem. He was a solid player a few years back who just seems to be on a downturn and is trying to recapture a little high before ending his career. Very similar to Dobbs actually. I see no problem in trying him out for now as its not like we have more consistent options these days anyways.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.