Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The 411 on Lowell

Featured Replies

I am sure this isn't really news to some, but I just saw on CBS 4 that Mikey has made it clear that he wants to stay a Marlin. We should know by next week if he's staying officially! YAY!

*Prays*

 

I hope he can come back that means we probally would sign Lowell. Pudge and Lowell are asking for big Bucks. Lowell is more likely to stay than pudge.

 

Please lets keep one of them...

  • Author

Really??? Well can you get a link or something on that, but if not thats great, as long as Lowell doesn't leave because of his agent...

I don't know if it's online. I just saw it on the news.

Mikey will enjoy hitting behind Vlad.

Hey Juanky, I want to get Vlad also :thumbup . but this would have to have Choi or Conine on the bench. Who would you stick there?

Jeff. He has more experience, he has the right mindset for it, plus he is better in spot situations like that. I think to be productive Choi needs to play every day. Plus he is a lefty and also has a very nice glove.

Platoon Choi and Conine. Conine could be better suited to playing in spurts - he is aged, and I would swing him between LF and 1B. Get him at least 300+ABs and ready for playoffs.

I wish somebody would hurry up and sign vlad, because I'm getting tired of all this Vlad talk. There isn't a snowballs chance in hell he comes here and we'd be better off without him.

Lowell will certainly stay, he went to Coral Gables High and has a home here. He loves being at home, like Pudge, and will get his contract extention.

Mikey will enjoy hitting behind Vlad.

If we resign Lowell then there is definetly no way we sign Vlad. So there goes that pipedream.

Mikey will enjoy hitting behind Vlad.

If we resign Lowell then there is definetly no way we sign Vlad. So there goes that pipedream. nope.

 

pipedream will be alive until further notice

Mikey will enjoy hitting behind Vlad.

If we resign Lowell then there is definetly no way we sign Vlad. So there goes that pipedream. I'll dismiss that statement as being unbased.

Mikey will enjoy hitting behind Vlad.

If we resign Lowell then there is definetly no way we sign Vlad. So there goes that pipedream. nope.

 

pipedream will be alive until further notice Ramp do you really believe Beinfest will be willing to spend nearly half of his payroll on 2 contracts over the next 5 years. That's just not smart money management.

 

We have 49 Million to spend on players this year because of hampton, and Pudge's contracts. We give Vlad a $15 million contract and Lowell a $7.5 million contract. Let's say both are 4-5 years. that's that leaves $26.5 million dollars to spend on our other 23 players. That means when our young guys start asking for big contracts, they are as good as gone. Is that smart?

I don't think Vlad goes for 15, I think he goes for less. For a guy that would probably prefer to stay in a smaller market, I think he asks for a little less knowing the stress a smaller market team feels in payroll (something he knows quite a bit about after playing in Montreal.)

 

But, thats just my opinion.

who do you think is going to win the east? and if you think we will than who will come in second and give us a run for it?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.