Nats Launch "Take Back The Park" Campaign

Puma

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/nationals-launch-take-back-the-park-campaign/2012/02/03/gIQAsyehmQ_blog.html

The Nats front office is tired of Phillies fans filling up their seats when the Phillies come to town, so they're attempting to lock them out. They will start selling tickets to the May 4-6 series against the Phillies a month in advance to ONLY residents of DC, Maryland, and Virginia. Interesting to say the least...

I'm thinking a lot of people in those locations will just buy them to sell on StubHub to Phillies fans. Not to mention the possibility that a great deal of Phillies fans live in those locations anyway.

They should just accept the revenue regardless of which teams fans it comes from. Baseball is not like soccer where the home fans do make a big difference.

And where they kill each other, too!

That's only Egypt.... and South America... and Europe... and... well, at least America doesn't care enough to incite soccer riots!

Its not the most ethical but I'm surprised most of you aren't all for this. I for one hated going to Marlins games that were overtaken by Phillies and Mets fans.

I just think it's stupid because it won't work.

Its not the most ethical but I'm surprised most of you aren't all for this. I for one hated going to Marlins games that were overtaken by Phillies and Mets fans.

Actually, I love those games. It brought out the best in our fans, and it still will this year. The best games I've ever gone to were against the Mets or Phillies, because our fans rose to the occasion whenever theirs got loud. Usually our fans out-cheered their fans. That's one of the greatest feelings I have at games against those teams.

The best game I've ever gone to, period, was against the Phillies this past season. May 10.

They should just accept the revenue regardless of which teams fans it comes from. Baseball is not like soccer where the home fans do make a big difference.

And where they kill each other, too!

That's only Egypt.... and South America... and Europe... and... well, at least America doesn't care enough to incite soccer riots!

Hockey on the other hand

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.