Reminder : 30 Clubs in 30 Days - 8 PM

Old Timer

Overall it was a very positive piece. The guys as MLB Network think if we can stay away from the injury bug we'll have a darn good year.

I still am waiting for the offense to kick in, but maybe the guys are holding back just a little bit for the regular season. We've also been missing Stanton and now LoMo for most of the last week or so.

Overall it was a very positive piece. The guys as MLB Network think if we can stay away from the injury bug we'll have a darn good year.

I still am waiting for the offense to kick in, but maybe the guys are holding back just a little bit for the regular season. We've also been missing Stanton and now LoMo for most of the last week or so.

Missing your number 4 and 5 hitters generally will make your offense suffer. Luckily our situation should be temporary, unlike Philly with Howard and Utley...

Missing your number 4 and 5 hitters generally will make your offense suffer. Luckily our situation should be temporary, unlike Philly with Howard and Utley...

I know if we can get our boys back and maybe win a lot of games early, while Philly is down, we can really put the pressure on them later in the year. Their pitching is still a monster to overcome.

What was their prediction for us for the year?

I believe they put up the latest Baseball Prospectus numbers that have us winning 88. I can't remember if they had us winning the division or as a WC but they have us in the post-season for sure.

The MLB Network guys seemed to agree with them. But said Johnson and the rest of the guys health is über important.

Guest Guest

With the rule change it's kind of hard for me to say now that winning one of the two wild card spots is the same as "making the playoffs." I think that isn't accurate until a team is allowed to play in the division series.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.