April 7, 201214 yr Every MLB ballpark has interesting features that make it unique. Here's a thread for everyone to post pictures of these features and learn about other ballparks around the league. I'll start: At PETCO Park right behind the RF wall they have a small section called "The Beach" where parents could watch the game through the RF fence while watching their kids play with the sand.
April 7, 201214 yr Author No ballpark could compete with Marlins Park. This thread is for the "other" ballparks out there. Tropicana Field has a Rays Touch Tank located just above the right-center field wall with over 20 Cownose rays that fans could feed & touch throughout the game.
April 7, 201214 yr Lock and destroy this thread before it destroys everyones' computers. ...or phones.
April 7, 201214 yr Author Lock and destroy this thread before it destroys everyones' computers. ...or phones. Changed the pic in the first post. Shouldn't have a problem loading the thread anymore.
April 7, 201214 yr Author Comerica Park has a 50 foot "Fly Ball Ferris Wheel" on the 3rd base side of the ballpark.
April 7, 201214 yr Author At Kauffman Stadium the Royals have their "Outfield Experience" in the outfield concourse area for kids. This includes miniature golf, a carousel, "baserun" (to practice running the bases) and "The Little K field" playground. Here are some pics:
April 8, 201214 yr Yankee Stadium has seats priced so even only moderately rich people can afford games: http://www.theonion.com/articles/slashed-ticket-prices-allow-lesser-nobility-to-att,2721/
April 8, 201214 yr Author At Coors field they have the tranquil water feature behind the center field wall that comes alive every time a Rockies player hits a HR & shoots water up to 40 feet. Regular look: After a HR:
April 8, 201214 yr Coors field and angel stadium have two of the most awesome nature scenes. I like I when thy mix in nature stuff, which is why is miss the palm trees. Just makes it feel less sterile.
April 13, 201214 yr Coors field and angel stadium have two of the most awesome nature scenes. I like I when thy mix in nature stuff, which is why is miss the palm trees. Just makes it feel less sterile. Yeah I agree. Kauffman Stadium was also like that before it was renovated.
April 13, 201214 yr Coors field and angel stadium have two of the most awesome nature scenes. I like I when thy mix in nature stuff, which is why is miss the palm trees. Just makes it feel less sterile. Yeah I agree. Kauffman Stadium was also like that before it was renovated. I personally think Kauffman looks a lot better now with all the renovations they made to the outfield. The nature scene is still there.
April 13, 201214 yr At Citi Field, they sometimes bring a baseball team that pretends they weren't minor leaguers who snuck onto a baseball field.
April 13, 201214 yr Adding on to Marlins' post about Petco, behind the outfield fence they have the Park at the Park. It's a $5 admission and you can watch the game with a scoreboard and jumbotron (on the opposite side of the batter's eye) while the kids play wiffle ball on their kids' diamond or use a playground. Great way to keep kids occupied while a game is going on. They also have a hot dog vendor that sells $1 hot dogs and sodas.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.