May 24, 201214 yr Don't I've two shits either way what happens but I would take a buttload of singles for compared to what Murphy is puttin up right now. Amen to that. Board favs Donny and Petey just aren't getting it done right now. I still don't know why folks want to bring up a players OPS and try to use that against him when he obviously isn't a slugger. He would be another of these guys that's job is to get on base, try to make things happen there, and set the table for the sluggers. Besides, if he does stick and in our ball park, I could see alot more doubles/triples coming his way. We really have no big problem with our IF. And the kid isn't going to break into the majors on our team being an IFer. So it still wouldn't surprise me if they send him back down (just giving him a taste of the majors right now because the opportunity is there) to play some OF and see how he handles it. Wouldn't be the first time for this team. Lol
May 24, 201214 yr I just cant help it.. Reminds me of last season again. Injury, out, then the DL, then surgery, then next year. OH CRAP....the same pattern in happening!!!!!
May 24, 201214 yr Rosenthal is reporting the marlins are looking for some fits to replace boni. Though he's not a long term solution i would love for gaby to come back and start playing to his capabilities. They could call him back because of the injuries. Doesn't have to be 10 days. That is an option.
May 25, 201214 yr Rosenthal is reporting the marlins are looking for some fits to replace boni. Though he's not a long term solution i would love for gaby to come back and start playing to his capabilities. Peter Bourjos would be nice. What would we have to give up for him, though? And then after Boni comes back, does Bourjos became a bench guy, 4th outfielder sort of deal? AAA? I'd that happened, I'd think Bourjos in CF, Boni to LF, which should be very good defense. Then Logan to 1B.
May 25, 201214 yr I would love Bourjos. Our outfield defense is absolutely horrendous and is a bigger problem than our offense. I don't know what the Marlins front office was thinking when they built this ballpark and put together this terrible group of defensive OF'ers.
May 25, 201214 yr so it's up to 6 weeks now?? argh... between Coghlan and Petersen they're not hitting a lick.
May 25, 201214 yr I would love Bourjos. Our outfield defense is absolutely horrendous and is a bigger problem than our offense. I don't know what the Marlins front office was thinking when they built this ballpark and put together this terrible group of defensive OF'ers. In fairness, I know you have been pretty high on both Stanton and Bonifacio defensively in the past.
May 25, 201214 yr I would love Bourjos. Our outfield defense is absolutely horrendous and is a bigger problem than our offense. I don't know what the Marlins front office was thinking when they built this ballpark and put together this terrible group of defensive OF'ers. In fairness, I know you have been pretty high on both Stanton and Bonifacio defensively in the past. I don't recall saying Bonifacio was very good out there, although he's not really the problem. I probably said CF was his best position back in the day when he played mostly in the infield. Stanton's defense isn't as bad as the people on the other board say and some of his early season struggles probably had to do with his knee. The rest are terrible. It was surprising that Coghlan made the team out of Spring Training (with Petersen not only being better defensively, but better overall at this point), considering how terrible Morrison is out there. Dobbs isn't even an OF'er and Kearns is terrible, as well. Considering how spacious the ballpark is, it's a bit surprising that they didn't get more athletic backup OF'ers instead of a declining/aging Rowand and Austin Kearns. The only thing I can think of is that it wasn't that important because most of the pitchers on the staff aren't flyball pitchers.
May 26, 201214 yr Donnie Murphy is a board favorite? He is a person that broncobob does not like, so he is a board favorite. How have you not picked up on this by now? If anything, Solano's the real board favorite. I really haven't seen any talk on Solano. But guess who's starting in LF Saturday. As far as Donny......It's still echoeing, "Donny Bleepin Murphy"
May 26, 201214 yr I still don't know why folks want to bring up a players OPS and try to use that against him when he obviously isn't a slugger. He would be another of these guys that's job is to get on base, try to make things happen there, and set the table for the sluggers. You have no idea what OPS is, do you? Yep. Overexhuberant Petulant Sarcasm. It's a fairly new mental disorder, found most commonly in very small minded people. Look it up.
May 26, 201214 yr Donnie Murphy is a board favorite? He is a person that broncobob does not like, so he is a board favorite. How have you not picked up on this by now? If anything, Solano's the real board favorite. I really haven't seen any talk on Solano. But guess who's starting in LF Saturday. As far as Donny......It's still echoeing, "Donny Bleepin Murphy" Yes, we all love Donnie Murphy. You got us...
May 26, 201214 yr Author I still don't know why folks want to bring up a players OPS and try to use that against him when he obviously isn't a slugger. He would be another of these guys that's job is to get on base, try to make things happen there, and set the table for the sluggers. You have no idea what OPS is, do you? Yep. Overexhuberant Petulant Sarcasm. It's a fairly new mental disorder, found most commonly in very small minded people. Look it up. You are calling me small minded and yet you don't know how to spell "exuberant." :lol If you are going to try to insult someone's intelligence make sure you can spell at a 4th grade level first.
May 26, 201214 yr Author Donnie Murphy is a board favorite? He is a person that broncobob does not like, so he is a board favorite. How have you not picked up on this by now? If anything, Solano's the real board favorite. I really haven't seen any talk on Solano. Of course you haven't.
May 26, 201214 yr It is pretty terrific that the guy who absolutely picks favorites every year based on who he does or doesn't see in Spring Training is the guy who is the first to criticize players for being "board favorites."
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.