May 20, 201214 yr I'd be content if we played .500 ball with Boni and Omar missing games. whats going on with Omar?
May 20, 201214 yr I'd be content if we played .500 ball with Boni and Omar missing games. whats going on with Omar? Death in the family.
May 20, 201214 yr I'd be content if we played .500 ball with Boni and Omar missing games. whats going on with Omar? Death in the family. when it rains it pours
May 21, 201214 yr Hopefully this isn't more than a two week thing with boni but man if our answer to a struggling first baseman is Coghlan and solano we have some issues.
May 21, 201214 yr Man, that really sucks. OF is a nightmare now It's okay, Stanton will hit for all of them.
May 21, 201214 yr Cool to see Solano getting the shot he earned in ST. I really hope he hits well and sticks, forcing Murphy down when Boni comes back.
May 22, 201214 yr Amazing that he "earned" that job in Spring Training, did not get it, and then was so motivated that he put up a .653 OPS in Triple-A this season.
May 22, 201214 yr Amazing that he "earned" that job in Spring Training, did not get it, and then was so motivated that he put up a .653 OPS in Triple-A this season. I think the draw for him was that he got a lot of hits, not necessarily that he got on base or drove the ball. If I remember, he was getting a lot of singles mostly, not really driving in runs, and playing decent D. Range factor for him was much higher at second base - not sure if that's due to 35 more chances at second than short, but could be something. EDIT - yep, just looked at the formula ... xD
May 22, 201214 yr He got a lot of hits, not necessarily that he got on base? Weak sauce, Mikey, weak sauce, indeed.
May 22, 201214 yr "Got on base or drove the ball." You can have a high average and not necessarily be an on-base guy.
May 22, 201214 yr Don't I've two shits either way what happens but I would take a buttload of singles for compared to what Murphy is puttin up right now.
May 22, 201214 yr Author "Got on base or drove the ball." You can have a high average and not necessarily be an on-base guy. Guys like Juan Pierre and David Eckstein were prime examples of this. Their OBP was almost completely dependent on their batting average.
May 23, 201214 yr "Got on base or drove the ball." You can have a high average and not necessarily be an on-base guy. Guys like Juan Pierre and David Eckstein were prime examples of this. Their OBP was almost completely dependent on their batting average. Of course they exist. But it's not a good thing, and Mike's post implied/said that he was good even though he doesn't get on base but is good anyway because he got a "lot" of hits.
May 23, 201214 yr Amazing that he "earned" that job in Spring Training, did not get it, and then was so motivated that he put up a .653 OPS in Triple-A this season. I guess you forgot we're also comparing him to Donnie Murphy, who had a .209 spring and is hitting .118 as opposed to a guy who had a .429 spring. I'd welcome .653 right now over .549.
May 23, 201214 yr .653 at Triple-A, hoss. Comparing that to a major-league OPS ain't gonna get you far.
May 23, 201214 yr Don't I've two shits either way what happens but I would take a buttload of singles for compared to what Murphy is puttin up right now. Amen to that. Board favs Donny and Petey just aren't getting it done right now. I still don't know why folks want to bring up a players OPS and try to use that against him when he obviously isn't a slugger. He would be another of these guys that's job is to get on base, try to make things happen there, and set the table for the sluggers. Besides, if he does stick and in our ball park, I could see alot more doubles/triples coming his way. We really have no big problem with our IF. And the kid isn't going to break into the majors on our team being an IFer. So it still wouldn't surprise me if they send him back down (just giving him a taste of the majors right now because the opportunity is there) to play some OF and see how he handles it. Wouldn't be the first time for this team.
May 23, 201214 yr Donnie Murphy is a board favorite? He is a person that broncobob does not like, so he is a board favorite. How have you not picked up on this by now?
May 23, 201214 yr "Got on base or drove the ball." You can have a high average and not necessarily be an on-base guy. Guys like Juan Pierre and David Eckstein were prime examples of this. Their OBP was almost completely dependent on their batting average. Of course they exist. But it's not a good thing, and Mike's post implied/said that he was good even though he doesn't get on base but is good anyway because he got a "lot" of hits. That's not at all what I said. I said the allure of him for the people on here was that he got a lot of hits. I never said "he's good."
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.