November 9, 201213 yr Stupid. Like, I don't think Mike Brown is a great coach, but this is really stupid.
November 9, 201213 yr Should've started the season with a different coach if he was on such a thin rope.
November 10, 201213 yr Ha. I guess it's back to Phil Jackson. (Actually that would probably work well for them).
November 10, 201213 yr Ha. I guess it's back to Phil Jackson. (Actually that would probably work well for them). It might, but they might as well trade Steve Nash if they're going to do that. No reason to have him on the roster. It's an utter waste of his abilities.
November 10, 201213 yr Lakers just fired Mike Brown after a 1-4 start to the season. "Your Welcome " -Kobe
November 12, 201213 yr Lakers choose Mike D'Antoni over Phil Jackson. Wow. Bobbob, tell me why this isn't insane.
November 12, 201213 yr If they wanted Steve Nash and Dwight Howard to succeed, D'Antoni was the right choice... If they wanted the ENTIRE team to succeed, then they're idiots or Phil Jackson asked for so much that he basically forced their hand. I think it was a little of both.
November 13, 201213 yr If they wanted Steve Nash and Dwight Howard to succeed, D'Antoni was the right choice.. If they wanted the ENTIRE team to succeed, then they're idiots or Phil Jackson asked for so much that he basically forced their hand. I think it was a little of both. Jackson wanted too much- Authority and consultation on personnel moves 10 million a year for two years Roger Clemens like travel arraignments on the road The ability to groom his own successor That's a bit much, even though all of it will help the team and him in the long run. I wouldn't be surprised if Stern came down against those provisions, as the travel one and the pay probably would have set a bad precedent in the future.
November 15, 201213 yr Lakers choose Mike D'Antoni over Phil Jackson. Wow. Bobbob, tell me why this isn't insane. Because they have Steve Nash and Dwight Howard. That's going to be unstoppable in the pick and roll, which is something that would happen very rarely in the triangle under Jackson. Also, D'Antoni's an underrated defensive coach. People look at raw point totals, rather than efficiency, which made his Suns teams look worse. They were almost always above average in defensive efficiency. And he had the Knicks playing top-10 defense before he left last year. From a tactical perspective, I think this is the right move. I vehemently disagree with Dim that this is the wrong move for the team. Hiring a coach who takes the ball out of the hands of the point guard is f***ing insanity when you have Steve Nash. Also, the "ringzzzz" argument is pretty stupid. Three of the last five championships have been won by coaches who had never won.
November 15, 201213 yr If they wanted Steve Nash and Dwight Howard to succeed, D'Antoni was the right choice... If they wanted the ENTIRE team to succeed, then they're idiots or Phil Jackson asked for so much that he basically forced their hand. I think it was a little of both. Makes no sense. It's best for Nash/Howard, but not best for the team. Is the team the new definition for Kobe now? Because that's basically all they have (well, and Gasol).
November 15, 201213 yr There's little reason to think Kobe will not absolutely thrive in D'Antoni's offense. Go look at what he did for a young Joe Johnson and tell me Kobe can't be a hyper-elite version of that. It's going to be beautiful. The only piece that doesn't work is Gasol. Trade him for Josh Smith and Kyle Korver and oh my god.
November 15, 201213 yr I never said he couldn't; I just didn't understand Dim's point. If it's great for Nash/Howard, it should be great for the team because that's a big part of their team.
November 15, 201213 yr Well yeah, I agree with your. They're going to be a juggernaut offensively, and it's going to help Kobe. He's a smart cutter and ball handler, there's little reason to think he will get squeezed out. The only player who might get squeezed is Metta World Peace. Which will only help, because he's absolutely horrible.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.