Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

memories of the 1997 World Series

Featured Replies

Hi there! :) My name's Sean! :) I'm 21 years old, and I've got autism. Even though I'm a Cardinals fan, but since I like the nostalgia of the 1980's and 1990's, what memories do you have from the 1997 World Series, with manager Jim Leyland, and players like Edgar Renteria, Livan Hernandez, Moises Alou, Charles Johnson, Robb Nen, Kevin Brown, Jeff Conine, Gary Sheffield, Darren Doulton, Al Leiter, Bobby Bonilla, Jim Eisenreich, Dennis Cook, Tony Saunders, Jay Powell, Craig Counsell, Cliff Floyd, Kurt Abbott, Devon White, Antonio Alfonseca, Felix Heredia, and Gregg Zaun?

 

Thanks! :)

Sean

How about wearing Alex Fernandez's number on the side of their hats in recognition of his contributions to get them that far?

 

Gloria Estefan sending food from her restaurant in Miami to the team in Cleveland so they could have a more "homey" type feeling.

 

The parades and party at Joe Robbie after the victory.

 

A certain unnamed, award winning announcer putting down the Wild Card system and the Marlins at every opportunity while doing the games, and then having to eat his words.

 

There's a good start.

I attended G1 & G2.

 

I had rights to G6 or G7. Flipped a coin with my bud and won - of course, I chose to attend G6 - K Brown was gonna close it out in JRS. .

 

Thus, I watched the chicken run at midnight from my cozy home - still wish I'd been there!

Watching the last few innings through my fingers, on the edge of my seat and trying not to scream when they won and wake my kids who were 1 and 3 at the time. Also thinking Moises Alou was the real MVP of the series and lastly giving crap to a friend of mine who played for the Indians for not getting me tickets to watch my favorite team!

I don't know what game it was but it was here in Mia and Vizquel made a awesome diving catch at SS.

 

Also looking back at the Indians line up is scary.

I don't know what game it was but it was here in Mia and Vizquel made a awesome diving catch at SS. Also looking back at the Indians line up is scary.

I believe that was game 6. Robbed Charles Johnson, right? Runners on second and third with two out?

Watching the last few innings through my fingers, on the edge of my seat and trying not to scream when they won and wake my kids who were 1 and 3 at the time. Also thinking Moises Alou was the real MVP of the series and lastly giving crap to a friend of mine who played for the Indians for not getting me tickets to watch my favorite team!

That was one of the things I disliked about that WS. Alou was the MVP. I have no doubt that the choice was politically motivated. They made such a big deal out of Livan's mom being allowed to leave Cuba so she could attend the games.

Watching the last few innings through my fingers, on the edge of my seat and trying not to scream when they won and wake my kids who were 1 and 3 at the time. Also thinking Moises Alou was the real MVP of the series and lastly giving crap to a friend of mine who played for the Indians for not getting me tickets to watch my favorite team!

What friend was this?

Watching the last few innings through my fingers, on the edge of my seat and trying not to scream when they won and wake my kids who were 1 and 3 at the time. Also thinking Moises Alou was the real MVP of the series and lastly giving crap to a friend of mine who played for the Indians for not getting me tickets to watch my favorite team!

What friend was this?Back-up catcher to Sandy Alomar, Pat Borders, still give him $hi+ they didn't even play him :)

I don't know what game it was but it was here in Mia and Vizquel made a awesome diving catch at SS. Also looking back at the Indians line up is scary.

I believe that was game 6. Robbed Charles Johnson, right? Runners on second and third with two out?

I think you're right. It was such a nice play.

I had to take a piss right about the midway point of the 7th and then held it until the game was over so that I would not possibly miss history. Of course it went to extras. I was doubly happy

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.