February 25, 201313 yr Reporters can be really stupid sometimes. Lose your backup catcher for 2 weeks of the season. Suggest you burn up a spot on your 40 for your manager to catcher 2 games tops. Marvelous idea.
February 25, 201313 yr Besides if the Marlins have no other real options in AAA, the problems are far greater than losing Mathis for a couple of weeks. Though in reality, I guess it really doesnt matter.
February 25, 201313 yr Author A 41 year old Mike Redmond who hasnt played in 3 years would probably be better than Jeff Mathis.
February 25, 201313 yr Author Player-manager time. I'm all for it. Better with a guy who has multiple personalities. Then he can fight himself after lifting himself for a pinch hitter.
February 25, 201313 yr I don't see this as much of a huge deal. He's our backup and will only miss a few weeks of the season tops. It sucks but I don't see why the media is making it seem like we're scrambling to replace him. Throw anyone out there, it doesn't matter. ...as a matter of fact, wasn't Mike Jacobs a catcher way back when?
February 25, 201313 yr Player-manager time. I'm all for it. Better with a guy who has multiple personalities. Then he can fight himself after lifting himself for a pinch hitter. Or a pitcher who can throw to himself-such as Hatcher the Pitcher/Catcher
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.