February 23, 201313 yr Good thing that trade hinged on us getting Mathis. That sure worked we'll for us.
February 23, 201313 yr I mean if one guy had to break his collar bone today, I'd take Mathis.... Sorry Jeff.
February 23, 201313 yr Well, if Jeff Mathis is injured, the season is.....................probably better, considering how bad Jeff Mathis is!
February 23, 201313 yr Well, if Jeff Mathis is injured, the season is.....................probably better, considering how bad Jeff Mathis is! Skippy time!
February 23, 201313 yr Author But with how long spring is he probably won't miss that much of the season. He'll need a bit of rehab time but yeah, shouldn't miss more than a week or two of the season if all goes well.
February 23, 201313 yr Well, if Jeff Mathis is injured, the season is.....................probably better, considering how bad Jeff Mathis is! Nah he's a deal breaker.
February 23, 201313 yr Author Ha, a reporter asked Red if he would be interested in being player/manager til Mathis is back. Red's reply: “I don’t know about that,� Redmond said. “I don’t think so. I like the way my body feels right now, the way it is.�
February 23, 201313 yr Author I wouldn't be surprised if Redmond would do a better job than Mathis. For real.
February 24, 201313 yr Put up or shut up time for Skipworth. He hit .217 last year in AA. Pretty sure it's gonna be shut up time. Despite decent D, he's a bust.
February 24, 201313 yr Author I honestly think Skipworth could give you equal production to a perfectly healthy Jeff Mathis. I feel bad that he got hurt, but he is arguably the worst player in MLB.
February 24, 201313 yr Was surprised when I read that. Nothing looked out of the ordinary on that foul tip. Contrary to the thoughts of some, he looked pretty good behind the plate. Skippy, not so good. But it was just the 1st ST game. A fun day at the ballpark, but still..........
February 25, 201313 yr Yeah Skip hasn't been much of a hitter, but 2nd half of last season at AA he did hit 15 homers so there's a little pop at least. and a lot of the ugly comes vs lefties. .768 OPS vs RHP - so he's not beyond hope.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.