2014 Lineup Projections

Marlins interested in Michael Morse? Hmmm...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ...I mean he does have pop and can play first base vs lefties. Kinda intriguing.

Last time I checked we only have enough roster spots for a few guys. We can't have Morse/Jones/Furcal/Hech/Dietrich/Solano/Dobbs all playing the infield.Morse can play outfield, as well.

Not necessarily well, but he can!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ...I mean he does have pop and can play first base vs lefties. Kinda intriguing.

Last time I checked we only have enough roster spots for a few guys. We can't have Morse/Jones/Furcal/Hech/Dietrich/Solano/Dobbs all playing the infield.

Solano and Dietrich probably aren't on the roster in that case.

Last time I checked we only have enough roster spots for a few guys. We can't have Morse/Jones/Furcal/Hech/Dietrich/Solano/Dobbs all playing the infield.

So the only guy on the bench that can play 2B or SS is Ed Lucas? I don't think so....

Depends on who is playing 3rd base, CF, and if there is a platoon mate for Jones at first (is he on the team?).

Assume... Dietrich. Ozuna. Yes, Ed Lucas.

Now I would be interested in seeing your best lineup as well.

Dietrich and Lucas are both highly unlikely. If they get Morse, I'd do something like this

Yelich

Saltalamacchia

Stanton

Morse/Jones

[Ozuna/3B for 5 and 6]

Furcal

Hechavarria

So the only guy on the bench that can play 2B or SS is Ed Lucas? I don't think so....

They still haven't acquired a 3B yet--throw that into the max. Morse would be considered outfield depth who would also platoon at first.

The biggest mistake they made was giving Dobbs that contract.

Depends on who is playing 3rd base, CF, and if there is a platoon mate for Jones at first (is he on the team?).

Dietrich and Lucas are both highly unlikely. If they get Morse, I'd do something like this

Yelich

Saltalamacchia

Stanton

Morse/Jones

[Ozuna/3B for 5 and 6]

Furcal

Hechavarria

Unlikely? Dietrich, as of right now, is probably our third baseman (as of this moment). Lucas is very likely to be Jones' platoon partner, why acquire someone for that when you have someone in house that could do the job just fine?

Yelich

Saltalamacchia

Stanton

Morse/Jones

[Ozuna/3B for 5 and 6]

Furcal

Hechavarria

Unlikely? Dietrich, as of right now, is probably our third baseman (as of this moment). Lucas is very likely to be Jones' platoon partner, why acquire someone for that when you have someone in house that could do the job just fine?

I don't see anything in the rumors supporting that. That's probably why the Marlins are interested in Morse. It sounds like the Marlins are still looking because Dietrich and Lucas are far from being able to do those jobs just fine.

I don't see anything in the rumors supporting that. That's probably why the Marlins are interested in Morse. It sounds like the Marlins are still looking because Dietrich and Lucas are far from being able to do those jobs just fine.

Please, just look at Michael Morse's splits last year. HOW IS HE A BETTER OPTION THAN LUCAS!?!?!?!?

Dude OPS'd .666 against lefties last year. NO THANK YOU.

Please, just look at Michael Morse's splits last year. HOW IS HE A BETTER OPTION THAN LUCAS!?!?!?!?

Injured

Injured

OK, the last 3 years it's .771. Still not great.

Lucas has OPS'd over .880 against lefties in his entire professional baseball career, minors and majors.

Injured

Lucas has OPS'd over .880 against lefties in his entire professional baseball career, minors and majors.

But, but...., home runs!!

Morse has an OPS over .800 against both right and left. That's over his entire MAJOR LEAGUE career.

Lucas did that last year. Again, Morse OPS'd .666 against lefties last year... over .200+ below Lucas. That's a huge difference. Why go out of the way to replace Ed Lucas, who is absolutely fine as a part time platoon guy that offers depth at every single infield position?

Morse has an OPS over .800 against both right and left. That's over his entire MAJOR LEAGUE career.

2011 was .910, with 3

Lucas did that last year. Again, Morse OPS'd .666 against lefties last year... over .200+ below Lucas. That's a huge difference. Why go out of the way to replace Ed Lucas, who is absolutely fine as a part time platoon guy that offers depth at every single infield position?

So, platoon Lucas with Morse.

Who said Morse would replace Lucas, anyways?

Play left field against righties with Jones at first, and first base against lefties with Ruggiano in left.

Lucas is then available to play second, third, short, where he'd be more useful.

Who said Morse would replace Lucas, anyways?

Play left field against righties with Jones at first, and first base against lefties with Ruggiano in left.

Lucas is then available to play second, third, short, where he'd be more useful.

Where's Yelich? Center?Correct. Ozuna in the Minors to start.

Injured

You are being silly here. Lucas has mostly been a career minor leaguer. Of course his splits are going to be inflated. He's simply not good enough to be guaranteed a roster spot at this point. Morse brings much more to the table in terms of ability to hit both LHP and RHP, power, and positional flexibility.

Morse has a much more impressive track record and was injured for most of last season.