2014 Lineup Projections

Wild Card

I'm kinda confused as to why people are so upset about this. Yeah, the lineup isn't amazing, it's not a world-beater lineup, but it's improving.

I don't see how. Furcal is terrible. He doesn't improve this team, defensively or offensively.

I just don't see how you sign Saltalamacchia then go out and sign Furcal.

Furcal has never been a bad hitter and he's been a gold glove defender. I don't get this at all?

Look up his numbers. I'm not sure what to tell you if you don't see it.

I see a player that would have been an average major league second baseman if we go by his 2012 numbers.

And the options at third base were not exciting. That's obviously why they went this route.

Average? He had a 1.2 WAR with BR and a lower WAR with Fangraphs.

That would have fared better than Jose Altuve or Aaron Hill last year...

I'm not sure what you're saying here but OK.

Those are "All-Star" second basemen.

Aaron Hill is a bad player. Altuve is a bad player. Furcal is a bad player. What do you not understand??

No they aren't.

1. Yelich

2. Furcal

3. Youkilis

4. Stanton

5. Saltalamacchia

6. Ruggiano platooning with either Garrett Jones or Jason Kubel

7. Morrison

8. Hechavarria

Ozuna and Dietrich in AAA at the start of the season.

Ozuna will be in the majors

I wouldn't be so sure about that. He started like a ball of fire until the pitchers got a book on him.

I believe Furcal will bat 1st

If you look at his career....Furcal has led off about 90% of the games he has started.

I was thinking this too, not so much for Furcal but for how it should put Yelich in a better spot in the order.

I think at this point Yelich should be leading off, give him as many AB's as humanly possible. Furcal hit leadoff most of his career as an elite player, which he no longer is. However he doesn't K much, he's a switch hitter, and an excellent bunter with good speed. All these things point to a productive #2 hitter.

If you look at his career....Furcal has led off about 90% of the games he has started.

I was thinking this too, not so much for Furcal but for how it should put Yelich in a better spot in the order.

I think at this point Yelich should be leading off, give him as many AB's as humanly possible. Furcal hit leadoff most of his career as an elite player, which he no longer is. However he doesn't K much, he's a switch hitter, and an excellent bunter with good speed. All these things point to a productive #2 hitter.

It looks like we finally agree on something Wild Card.

You are leaving out the main ingredient--he doesn't get on base much anymore. He put up a .314 OBP in his last two seasons of play. His speed is also a fraction of what it used to be.

At this point he's more of a true bottom of the order hitter, not a productive number 2 hitter.

You are leaving out the main ingredient--he doesn't get on base much anymore. He put up a .314 OBP in his last two seasons of play. His speed is also a fraction of what it used to be.

At this point he's more of a true bottom of the order hitter, not a productive number 2 hitter.

He's the best thing we have.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.