2014 Lineup Projections

Wild Card

Marlins Telling Teams They Will Trade Logan Morrison Shortly

By Steve Adams [December 9 at 3:16pm CST]

3:16pm: The Orioles have also checked in on Morrison, according to Morosi (on Twitter).

3:11pm: The Rays are not close to acquiring Morrison, according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post (on Twitter). Sherman takes the report a step further noting that the Rays never engaged the Marlins on Morrison.

2:49pm: ESPN's Jayson Stark tweets that the Marlins are telling other clubs they will trade Morrison shortly. Stark again lists the Rays as a possibility.

2:33pm: Jon Heyman of CBS Sports tweets that interest in Morrison is picking up and adds the Brewers and Blue Jays to the list of interested parties (Twitter link).

From now on, can we put P. Hill and M. Hill to determine which Hill is being referred to? Cause usually Perry is the one that makes some redonk comments.

Well, I guess they really want Yelich batting third. Hopefully Furcal finds a way to get on base. And I wonder who bats second? Just very interesting.

From now on, can we put P. Hill and M. Hill to determine which Hill is being referred to? Cause usually Perry is the one that makes some redonk comments.

Well, I guess they really want Yelich batting third. Hopefully Furcal finds a way to get on base. And I wonder who bats second? Just very interesting.Yeah, it is ... Hmm. I guess this is where we throw out the, "if Morrison is still here and they platoon Jones and Ruggiano" scenario, as LoMo is currently still a Marlin.

2B Furcal

1B Morrison

CF Yelich

RF Stanton

C Salty/LF Ruggiano

LF Jones/C Salty

3B Dietrich/Lucas

SS Hechavarria

Peesher!

Then this question has to be raised again if Morrison is traded ... let's say to Baltimore and let's say Danny Valencia is a return piece (little more difficult):

2B Furcal

C Salty/1B Lucas [.374 OBP vs lefties]

CF Yelich

RF Stanton

1B Jones/3B Valencia [.371/.392/.639/1.031 vs lefties in 2013]

LF Ruggiano

3B Dietrich/C Salty

SS Hech

Pitcher

Now, with Ozuna, a little easier, methinks:

2B Furcal

C Salty/1B Lucas

LF Yelich

RF Stanton

CF Ozuna

1B Jones/3B Valencia

3B Dietrich/C Salty

SS Hechavarria

Pitcher

Yes? No? Maybe? I don't know ... can you repeat the question?

I agree, yeah.

Or if we trade Morrison. Etc.

Doesn't seem to be "if" anymore, rather when.

I think you're going to be upset by the return. 1B market is flooded right now with available players.

Available crap, yes. You don't seem to get that.

LOL! You crack me up. When did Logan Morrison become Miguel Cabrera? Did I miss something. To me, Morrison fits right in with the term available crap.

I agree, yeah.

Or if we trade Morrison. Etc.

Doesn't seem to be "if" anymore, rather when.

I think you're going to be upset by the return. 1B market is flooded right now with available players.

Available crap, yes. You don't seem to get that.

LOL! You crack me up. When did Logan Morrison become Miguel Cabrera? Did I miss something. To me, Morrison fits right in with the term available crap.

Except Morrison is the only member of that group that can be pretty good. Just about every other first baseman with the exception of Loney is not just bad, but also old and getting worse.

Mark Trumbo, Adam Lind, Mitch Moreland and Ike Davis are all available in the trade market. I would take any of those guys over Morrison, except maybe Davis.

Trumbo yes. The rest? There's a reason why LoMo is the main focus of trade rumors and they are not. Teams WANT Trumbo and LoMo and couldn't care less about the rest.

You're wrong about that Wild Card. The Pirates are talking about Lind right now and he is a proven hitter, not a brittle one. You act like every team in the league should want Morrison. The Marlins need to trade him fast, even if it's for a little below value.....because make no mistake, he isn't going to be with them when spring training starts. If other teams fill up 1B and the Marlins are stuck with Morrison late into the winter, they are going to deal him for next to nothing.

You're wrong about that Wild Card. The Pirates are talking about Lind right now and he is a proven hitter, not a brittle one. You act like every team in the league should want Morrison. The Marlins need to trade him fast, even if it's for a little below value.....because make no mistake, he isn't going to be with them when spring training starts. If other teams fill up 1B and the Marlins are stuck with Morrison late into the winter, they are going to deal him for next to nothing.

Adam Lind is basically Garrett Jones 2.0

And LoMo is not brittle, he's had one injury that has been a continuing issue because the Marlins rushed him back too soon in 2012. Other than that he's really never been injured ever, not in college, the pros, never.

The Marlins will have zero problems moving LoMo, and when he has a great season, I hope you'll admit you were wrong. If he tanks I'll sure admit I was.

And LoMo is not brittle, he's had one injury that has been a continuing issue because the Marlins rushed him back too soon in 2012. Other than that he's really never been injured ever, not in college, the pros, never.

The Marlins will have zero problems moving LoMo, and when he has a great season, I hope you'll admit you were wrong. If he tanks I'll sure admit I was.

I always admit when I'm wrong. I just have seen nothing in Morrison's career to make me think he will be an even average player in the majors. The fact that he plays 1B even makes it tougher for me to see him be productive compared to other guys at his position.

I always admit when I'm wrong. I just have seen nothing in Morrison's career to make me think he will be an even average player in the majors. The fact that he plays 1B even makes it tougher for me to see him be productive compared to other guys at his position.

Did you watch him in 2010 or 2011, when he was healthy?

Still not even close to the production of a top 1B, let alone an average one.

Still not even close to the production of a top 1B, let alone an average one.

He was 22 and 23 years old with virtually no major league experience...