Mark Canha, 3B: 0-4,1 R, 1 BB, 1 K

Juan Diaz, SS: 2-2, 2 R, 2 2B (4), 1 RBI (8), 2 BB

Matt Angle, RF: 0-1

Jared Rogers, SP: (W, 1-1) 6.0 IP, 5 H, 1 R (1 ER), 2 BB, 1 K; 0-3, 1 R, 1 K

Josh Spence, RP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R (0 ER), 0 BB, 0 K

Henry Rodriguez, RP: 0.1 IP, 2 H, 3 R (3 ER), 3 BB, 0 K

Chaz Roe, RP: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R (0 ER), 0 BB, 0 K

DOUBLE A: Jacksonville was off

Advanced A: Jupiter (11-14) 5, Palm Beach (10-15) 3 (13 innings)

Austin Barnes, C: 1-7, 1 R, 1 K

Cameron Flynn, CF: 3-7, 1 RBI (9)

Colin Moran, 3B: 1-7

Viosergy Rosa, 1B: 3-5, 1 R, 1 RBI (19), 1 BB, 1 K

Matt Juengel, DH: 3-6, 2 2B (8), 2 K

Blake Barber, 2B: 0-4, 1 RBI (7), 1 BB

Ryan Goetz, SS: 0-5, 1 BB, 1 CS (2)

Ross Wilson, RF: 3-6, 1 R, 1 HR (1), 1 RBI (9)

Cody Keefer, LF: 2-5, 2 R, 1 BB

Austin Brice, SP: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R (2 ER), 3 BB, 2 K

Jake Esch, RP: (H, 1) 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R (0 ER), 0 BB, 2 K

Frankie Reed, RP: (BS,1) 2.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R (1 ER), 0 BB, 1 K

Reid Redman, RP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R (0 ER), 1 BB, 3 K

Jheyson Manzueta, RP: (W, 1-0) 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R (0 ER), 0 BB, 2 K

Joseph O’Gara, RP: (S, 3) 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R (0 ER), 0 BB, 0 K

CLASS A: Greensboro (13-11) 4, Greenville (13-9) 3 (11 innings)

Justin Bohn, SS: 2-4, 1 K

Austin Dean, LF: 1-3, 1 RBI (8), 2 BB

Felix Munoz, 1B: 0-5, 4 K

Juan Avila, 3B: 1-4, 1 BB, 1 K

Avery Romero, 2 B: 1-5, 1 R, 1 2B (6), 2 K

Carlos Lopez, RF: 0-5

Chad Wallach, C: 1-4, 1 R, 1 HR (3), 2 RBI (12), 1 BB

Kentrell Dewitt, DH: 2-5, 1 R, 1 HR (2), 1 RBI (9), 1 K

Yefri Perez, CF: 1-3, 1 R

Domingo German, SP: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R (2 ER), 1 BB, 3 K

Joel Effertz, RP: (H, 2) 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R (0 ER), 1 BB, 2 K

Josh Easley, RP: (H, 1) 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R (0 ER), 0 BB, 2 K

Casey McCarthy, RP: (BS, 2) 2.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R (1 ER), 2 BB, 1 K

CJ Robinson, RP: (W, 2-1) 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R (0 ER), 1 BB, 1 K

Moran is obviously gonna be a solid hitter but ill be disappointed if he never hits over 15-20 hr's a year for a 6th overall pick at a corner infield position even if he does hit for a lot of average.

He's most likely not going to be a #3/4/5 hitter so I really don't mind that. Be great in the 2-hole, to be honest, if he can keep his eye and high contact ability.

If he can give 10 homers and have about a .380 OBP, I'll be totally fine with that up at the top of the lineup.

He's most likely not going to be a #3/4/5 hitter so I really don't mind that. Be great in the 2-hole, to be honest, if he can keep his eye and high contact ability.

If he can give 10 homers and have about a .380 OBP, I'll be totally fine with that up at the top of the lineup.

Im usually not one to believe in the positions should have certain amount of hr's cause to me if you produce it shouldn't matter what position you are and how much power you have, but the fact that he was the 6th overall pick would disappoint me if he only hit 10 hr's a year. We need 1 more power bat future wise in our starting lineup.

Im usually not one to believe in the positions should have certain amount of hr's cause to me if you produce it shouldn't matter what position you are and how much power you have, but the fact that he was the 6th overall pick would disappoint me if he only hit 10 hr's a year. We need 1 more power bat future wise in our starting lineup.

I get ya. If Dietrich and Ozuna can figure out major league pitching at least on a power spectrum, we'd have something nice going there, I'd say.

That's a lot of pressure though. Asking a guy to give you .380. He's going to have to be a 20 HR guy, or more specifically, at least OPS over 80.

That's a lot of pressure though. Asking a guy to give you .380. He's going to have to be a 20 HR guy, or more specifically, at least OPS over 80.

No, he doesn't have to be a 20 homer guy over OPS over .800 to have an OBP of .380.

But, sure, OBP maybe a little high. Let's say .350, then.

But a .350 OBP with little power is very disappointing for a sixth overall pick.

I think when it comes to baseball drafts except in rare cases whenever you get a player who becomes an every day player and contributes at an above replacement level then that is success imo.

I think when it comes to baseball drafts except in rare cases whenever you get a player who becomes an every day player and contributes at an above replacement level then that is success imo.

I mean, yea, if he becomes a decent regular it means he isn't a bust and at least you got some value, but it would just be dissapointing. He has a really nice hit tool though.

Why does he have to be a 20 homer guy to justify being picked at #6 overall?

He's a good hitter with a good eye, a ton of contact. He only K'd 25 times last season over 175 plate appearances and I'll honestly attribute that to adjusting not only to a tougher league but going from aluminum bats to wooden.

I think he'll be a good enough hitter to OPS .800, and that'll be without having to hit 20 homers - good number of doubles, I believe, and his OBP will help drive up the OPS really moreso than the slugging.

As long as he can get on base, I'm fine with a lack of power - he's a top of the lineup kind of guy anyhow, set up the middle.

I consider it a win for us if he's a solid regular. You don't need every first round pick to be a star for your team to be good. If he's a solid regular, then I'll be ecstatic - because that's a solid 3B that we'll have for a very long time.