5/6 - Mets at Marlins 7:10 PM

I believe I've said this before, but Alvarez still gives me that Anibal Sanchez vibe. Not current Cy Young candidate version of Anibal, but the Anibal who was one hell of a #3 starter for us for seven and a half years.

I believe I've said this before, but Alvarez still gives me that Anibal Sanchez vibe. Not current Cy Young candidate version of Anibal, but the Anibal who was one hell of a #3 starter for us for seven and a half years.

nice comparison. never really thought of it.

I can't agree with that personally. Don't think Alvarez has the stuff, to be honest.

I don't see him as consistent enough to be a long term #3.

Then again, anibal was also the same way. Lit up one day. Lights out the next.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I can't agree with that personally. Don't think Alvarez has the stuff, to be honest.

He's not the strikeout guy that Anibal was, but he's the groundball pitcher equivalent. Plus Anibal consistently posted high 3 ERA's for years with us before for whatever reason reaching another level with Detroit.

I could see Alvarez post mid to high 3 ERA's for a long time.

He's not the strikeout guy that Anibal was, but he's the groundball pitcher equivalent. Plus Anibal consistently posted high 3 ERA's for years with us before for whatever reason reaching another level with Detroit.

I could see Alvarez post mid to high 3 ERA's for a long time.

High 3s, yeah, I could see that, too. Thing is I also feel he gets a lot of luck, too, a lot of balls are crushed off of him but right at someone. See top of the 4th inning.

He won't be our #3, at best he'll be the top option for the #5 spot in a couple years down the road, and I'll take that [depends who we draft this year, too].