Jose Fernandez threw today

Admin

Yeah I doubt they rush him back. As cautious as they were with him before the injury I expect the same in the recovery period and post return too. Also, this front office likes to say "getting a guy like Fernandez back around the all star break is just like making a big mid-season trade to boost the club" so I think they'll have no problem waiting half the year for him. Especially if they make some decent SP addition in the offseason to eat innings in the meantime.

With only a $60m payroll, I highly doubt we get anything "decent." I wouldn't be shocked if they bring Penny back to start the year.

Just thinking this through, and, yeah, you're probably right. :|

After arbitration raises, min wage raises, hopeful contract extensions, we're looking at probably $4m to spend on free agents if we cap it at $60m.

In the vines- did it sound like he was putting some speed on those balls? It didn't look like he was just tossing lightly- it almost looked like he wanted to get to 80 mph.

If only someone clocked his speed.

They had to get a new coach twice already cause he's killed the first two with his ridiculous velocity, bro. 9.144 meters away and throwing 157.716 kmh, this happens.

[30 feet, 98 mph]

... deal with it.

In the vines- did it sound like he was putting some speed on those balls? It didn't look like he was just tossing lightly- it almost looked like he wanted to get to 80 mph.

If only someone clocked his speed.

He threw it with ease and was popping the glove, don't think it was clocked at all but sounds like he's throwing pretty hard without any effort.