Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Beach-iro! Marlins sign Ichiro

Featured Replies

  • Author

So cool that they went and did the press conference in Tokyo. Great marketing ploy, I'd imagine a bunch of teenage Japanese girls will now be sporting Marlins gear over there lol.

 

Also, I don't think surprised is the right word for Caminero being DFA'd but its alarming how quickly his stock has fallen over the past year. Last spring training we thought he could be a solid piece in our bullpen.

 

 

So cool that they went and did the press conference in Tokyo. Great marketing ploy, I'd imagine a bunch of teenage Japanese girls will now be sporting Marlins gear over there lol.

 

Also, I don't think surprised is the right word for Caminero being DFA'd but its alarming how quickly his stock has fallen over the past year. Last spring training we thought he could be a solid piece in our bullpen.

 

He's basically a pitching machine, easily replaceable. Might someday have a role as a Major Leaguer, but he won't be someone that can't be replaced by a 1 year, $1 million contract.

 

 

He will probably clear. He's a pretty standard reliever.

 

I'm going to try and see if Ichiro will sign at one of the Marlins ST games up here in the Orlando/Viera area in a month or so.

 

 

  • Author

I bet ichiro is starting before the all stars break. he is too good to be sat.

 

 

 

Our starting outfield is even better than Ichiro and won't be sat either, barring injuries. I'm not sure u understand ichiros role here.

I bet ichiro is starting before the all stars break. he is too good to be sat.

 

It is 2015.

 

2013 Ichiro: 77 OPS+

 

2014 Ichiro: 89 OPS+

 

WORST Marlin outfielder in 2014: 111 OPS+ (Ozuna)

 

There is no way, unless there is an injury, that Ichiro becomes a starting outfielder for the Marlins.

 

 

I bet ichiro is starting before the all stars break. he is too good to be sat.

 

It is 2015.

 

2013 Ichiro: 77 OPS+

 

2014 Ichiro: 89 OPS+

 

WORST Marlin outfielder in 2014: 111 OPS+ (Ozuna)

 

There is no way, unless there is an injury, that Ichiro becomes a starting outfielder for the Marlins.

 

 

 

I couldn't agree more. He was just a nice name to add to the roster.

 

 

  • Author

I bet ichiro is starting before the all stars break. he is too good to be sat.

 

It is 2015.

 

2013 Ichiro: 77 OPS+

 

2014 Ichiro: 89 OPS+

 

WORST Marlin outfielder in 2014: 111 OPS+ (Ozuna)

 

There is no way, unless there is an injury, that Ichiro becomes a starting outfielder for the Marlins.

 

 

 

I couldn't agree more. He was just a nice name to add to the roster.

 

 

 

I know its just splitting hairs and you probably weren't meaning it so literally but Ichiro is still good enough to be more than just a name. When called upon, even in a limited role this year, he is more than capable of still being productive.

 

 

I bet ichiro is starting before the all stars break. he is too good to be sat.

 

 

It is 2015.

 

2013 Ichiro: 77 OPS+

2014 Ichiro: 89 OPS+

 

WORST Marlin outfielder in 2014: 111 OPS+ (Ozuna)

 

There is no way, unless there is an injury, that Ichiro becomes a starting outfielder for the Marlins.

 

I couldn't agree more. He was just a nice name to add to the roster.

 

I know its just splitting hairs and you probably weren't meaning it so literally but Ichiro is still good enough to be more than just a name. When called upon, even in a limited role this year, he is more than capable of still being productive.

 

Plus we needed his AARP card for discounts on hotels and restaurants for road trips.

I bet ichiro is starting before the all stars break. he is too good to be sat.

 

It is 2015.

 

2013 Ichiro: 77 OPS+

 

2014 Ichiro: 89 OPS+

 

WORST Marlin outfielder in 2014: 111 OPS+ (Ozuna)

 

There is no way, unless there is an injury, that Ichiro becomes a starting outfielder for the Marlins.

 

 

 

I couldn't agree more. He was just a nice name to add to the roster.

 

 

 

I know its just splitting hairs and you probably weren't meaning it so literally but Ichiro is still good enough to be more than just a name. When called upon, even in a limited role this year, he is more than capable of still being productive.

 

 

 

He'll be an outstanding 4th outfielder, he just won't be good enough to supplant any of our starters as long as they remain healthy.

 

 

  • Author

I bet ichiro is starting before the all stars break. he is too good to be sat.

 

It is 2015.

 

2013 Ichiro: 77 OPS+

2014 Ichiro: 89 OPS+

 

WORST Marlin outfielder in 2014: 111 OPS+ (Ozuna)

 

There is no way, unless there is an injury, that Ichiro becomes a starting outfielder for the Marlins.

I couldn't agree more. He was just a nice name to add to the roster.

I know its just splitting hairs and you probably weren't meaning it so literally but Ichiro is still good enough to be more than just a name. When called upon, even in a limited role this year, he is more than capable of still being productive.

Plus we needed his AARP card for discounts on hotels and restaurants for road trips.

 

This reminds me of one year leading up to opening day, on the local radio station they were mentioning some of the new players on the team and I'm 95% sure it was Luis Gonzalez on the 2007 or 08 team that the radio station jokingly said "He's only on the team because someone has to buy all the beer" since the team was, as usual, flooded with young players. Hilarious line I still reused with role player veteran guys like Dobbs, Helms, and Kevin Slowey.

I bet ichiro is starting before the all stars break. he is too good to be sat.

 

It is 2015.

 

2013 Ichiro: 77 OPS+

 

2014 Ichiro: 89 OPS+

 

WORST Marlin outfielder in 2014: 111 OPS+ (Ozuna)

 

There is no way, unless there is an injury, that Ichiro becomes a starting outfielder for the Marlins.

 

 

 

I couldn't agree more. He was just a nice name to add to the roster.

 

 

 

I know its just splitting hairs and you probably weren't meaning it so literally but Ichiro is still good enough to be more than just a name. When called upon, even in a limited role this year, he is more than capable of still being productive.

 

 

 

Of course, Ichiro wouldn't be Ichiro if he wasn't "good enough" lol. He's just had a decline, but such is life.

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.