His quote was in response to a question and the question matters when analyzing the response. I myself wasn't offended by it because I am educated enough to know this trade didn't take away from the core of the team. Those who are offended probably think trading away Morse just ruined our playoff chances for 2015. Maybe I'm jaded by the uneducated person who recently asked me if Reyes was still our shortstop. 

His quote was in response to a question and the question matters when analyzing the response. I myself wasn't offended by it because I am educated enough to know this trade didn't take away from the core of the team. Those who are offended probably think trading away Morse just ruined our playoff chances for 2015. Maybe I'm jaded by the uneducated person who recently asked me if Reyes was still our shortstop. 

I wasn't offended by it either personally but I can see how others could be and he can't alienate ANY fans when the team has the worst attendance in the NL

I'm actually getting hot over this quote thinking how others will make it worse than it needs to be so I'll stop with this post because no one on here is who I need to be arguing with. 

So yes I'll say he could have said it more PC but he didn't and even with what he said I feel like I know what he meant and I hope others do too.

But that's that... What's next, who has the new Solano baby pictures?

#Marlins' Mike Hill: “I would hope our fans are educated enough to see what we’re doing here.”

— Jason Lieser (@PBPjasonlieser) July 30, 2015

The answer came in response to a question on how fans may interpret the trade. Historically, the Marlins franchise has made several deals where the motivation appeared to be salary reduction. This deal too appears to center around salary relief.

Did I misinterpret or mis-use anything here?

#Marlins' Mike Hill: “I would hope our fans are educated enough to see what we’re doing here.”

The answer came in response to a question on the possibility of fans thinking this is a firesale. Hill's response was unrelated to the question of whether or not this trade is a salary relief.

The answer came in response to a question on the possibility of fans thinking this is a firesale. Hill's response was unrelated to the question of whether or not this trade is a salary relief.

You'd be speaking for Hill with that.

Plain and simply, he was asked how the fans may interpret the deal, and his quote was used as he exactly said it.  What he may have meant to say is another issue, what he did say can't be questioned really.

He was asked about fans who think this is a fire sale, I must be the only one who heard the reporter's question.

I watched the video twice, I heard it.  I don't see how that matters considering what he said.  And plus saying "He was asked how fans may interpret the trade" is basically the same thing as saying "He was asked if fans will think its a fire sale"  You're splitting hairs on the less important part.

The main problem is that you basically used Latos as a way to get rid of most of Morse's salary, and you had to throw in a high draft pick to do it. On top of that, they are still sending some cash. So because of that we aren't getting any players back that would actually help the team in a few years.

But what I don't get are the FO defenders who are continuing to buy into the 'just wait until next year...' stuff from the FO. We've been waiting through about 4 rebuilds now. It's long past overdue when we should be seeing some results. It's also very wrong for this team to be crying poverty when they get a ton of money from revenue sharing and the MLB TV deal, not to mention they have a sweetheart deal on the stadium that allows them to keep the majority of the revenue. So when they decide to start putting some of that money back into the team without blowing the team up every year or two, then we can talk.

I watched the video twice, I heard it.  I don't see how that matters considering what he said.  And plus saying "He was asked how fans may interpret the trade" is basically the same thing as saying "He was asked if fans will think its a fire sale"  You're splitting hairs on the less important part.

I seriously respect you too much to continue this. Biting my tongue and agreeing to disagree.