Jose Fernandez Rumor

Jokersgoon

Problem is there's no accountability in the media. You can say you have a source and make something up. If it doesn't happen, you just say the source was wrong or you say "well I only said it was possible".  

...this and the fact that social media has suddenly become an acceptable form of communicating news and information. It's not just for saying hi to your friends in a new way anymore. And yes it can be an accurate way to get news but there's no filtering it and anyone can report whatever garbage they want. So some jackbag tweets a rumor and it's suddenly legit news to some people.

Yeah but I was kidding. I think Mish was being serious.

I don't think he was being any more serious. He was basically just posting pictures of Hutton.

You guys both had the same level of credibility that night. But I do believe you on the Jose stuff.

While this rumor obviously doesnt make sense Mish has lots of sources throughout the Marlins organization so he most likely isn't coming up with this out of his ass.  Maybe at this time next year depending on how much he reestablishes his value but he won't be going anywhere this offseason fresh off tommy john you would think.

Then again Loria probably thinks that we don't need any good players its all about the leadership in the clubhouse and especially the ever important manager position.

You guys both had the same level of credibility that night. 

Yeah but I don't recall Craig posting a screenshot showing the timestamp of a DJ article written hours before its announcement. ;)

...this and the fact that social media has suddenly become an acceptable form of communicating news and information. It's not just for saying hi to your friends in a new way anymore. And yes it can be an accurate way to get news but there's no filtering it and anyone can report whatever garbage they want. So some jackbag tweets a rumor and it's suddenly legit news to some people.

This isn't "some jackbag" Mish has legit sources and has broken stories in the past on the marlins.  He is an XM fantasy guy but used to be on 790 down here but he does have sources within the organization.  I recall him breaking the Latos trade last year.

Yeah but I don't recall Craig posting a screenshot showing the timestamp of a DJ article written hours before its announcement. ;)

True, but I don't think you leaked anything before anyone else did. I know that you knew early on, but you didn't provide us with any real insider info. And I'm presuming that's because you couldn't. So I'm not faulting you here. Just saying that I wouldn't attack Mish's credibility on that night.

This isn't "some jackbag" Mish has legit sources and has broken stories in the past on the marlins.  He is an XM fantasy guy but used to be on 790 down here but he does have sources within the organization.  I recall him breaking the Latos trade last year.

I didn't mean specifically Mish. Anyone can tweet a rumor and turn it into news.

Most things the fish do make themselves look dumb.  I don't need to look that hard we are one of the top 5 most dysfunctional franchises in all of sports if not the most dysfunctional.

And a bias person like you is easy to trick, Mish was successful.

I didn't mean specifically Mish. Anyone can tweet a rumor and turn it into news.

Oh well then yes I agree with that but he does have sources.  He has broken stories in the past.  I highly doubt he is making this up and while it might not be true to the extent that his tweet says i'd say there is a bit of truth in there somewhere.  He isn't one of these twitter rumor starters with no basis in reality.

Fact is as of this moment, Jose is not being discussed as Scoop said. If that changes in future, it doesn't make Mish right although he'd take credit for being first. Mish is talking out of his ass and tricking easily fooled people along the way.

And a bias person like you is easy to trick, Mish was successful.

Im not biased I'm just not a fan boy.  This team is completely dysfunctional and runs itself unlike any other professional organization.  

No offense Admin, you clearly do have your own sources but for you to think that you, unlike any other journalist who has ever covered sports, is immune to a source lying to you or telling you something not entirely true is kind of ridiculous.  You can't just assume your sources are perfect just because they are giving you information that is different than someone else who is credible in their own right.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.