Jose Fernandez Rumor

Jokersgoon

Again I'm not saying Mish is right or that you are wrong Admin, I'm just saying part of the situation that comes with sources for anybody who has them is that those guys aren't going to tell you the truth 100% of the time.  

If this was true what would it benefit your source by telling you, "ya, we are looking to deal Jose?"

No offense Admin, you clearly do have your own sources but for you to think that you, unlike any other journalist who has ever covered sports, is immune to a source lying to you or telling you something not entirely true is kind of ridiculous.  You can't just assume your sources are perfect just because they are giving you information that is different than someone else who is credible in their own right.

That's not why I am 100% sure, its because if this was actually being discussed more than Mish would know. ONLY he is saying it, that to me makes it obvious that it is made up.

That's not why I am 100% sure, its because if this was actually being discussed more than Mish would know. ONLY he is saying it, that to me makes it obvious that it is made up.

Thats not a great reason for it to be not true.  Lots of things are broken by smaller reporters and then uncovered more.  Not saying this is that situation but I assume if he is saying that the word is spreading not only internally in the marlins organization but around baseball as well then he talked to more than one person and there is some hint of truth behind what he is saying.

Why would any source you have in the marlins organization confirm this to you?

Again I'm not saying Mish is right or that you are wrong Admin, I'm just saying part of the situation that comes with sources for anybody who has them is that those guys aren't going to tell you the truth 100% of the time.  

I am not sure because my source said so, I'm sure because ONLY Mish is saying it. Do you honestly believe if something this big was being discussed that nobody but Mish would know?  No national guys, no local guys, nobody?

The Marlins were going to trade Jose but then they found out that there was no Cameron Maybin equivalent available.

Cameron Maybin told me I looked "sharp" at the Awards Dinner one year in my black on black on black suit. I love him forever for that.

I am not sure because my source said so, I'm sure because ONLY Mish is saying it. Do you honestly believe if something this big was being discussed that nobody but Mish would know?  No national guys, no local guys, nobody?

If the Marlins were looking to deal him they would obviously do so in back channels and not make it overtly obvious to other teams and the media and fans that they were looking to trade Jose.  Look, I agree with you that this is unlikely, but to completely blow it off because its only Mish reporting it is not the right thing to do either.  He has sources and he is saying he has spoken to multiple people.  Could this just be the marlins seeing what they could get for Jose at this point similar to what they did with Giancarlo in those leaked astros documents?  I don't see that as being too far fetched.

I dnno I'm hearing that with the weak farm, inability to renegotiate the TV deal, and stanton/jose getting more expensive, they need to trade Jose. 

BELIEVE THIS MAN, HE IS ALWAYS RIGHT. NEVER BEEN WRONG IN HIS LIFE

I dnno I'm hearing that with the weak farm, inability to renegotiate the TV deal, and stanton/jose getting more expensive, they need to trade Jose. 

Can someone explain why we have such a tiny TV deal compared to all other teams?  I understand why we wouldn't get anything for local radio rights but why do we have such a small tv deal compared to even other small market teams?  When was this current TV contract negotiated and who deals with such negotiations?  Honest question.

Can someone explain why we have such a tiny TV deal compared to all other teams?  I understand why we wouldn't get anything for local radio rights but why do we have such a small tv deal compared to even other small market teams?  When was this current TV contract negotiated and who deals with such negotiations?  Honest question.

My understanding was that Loria fucked up and wanted a little bit of money "now" instead of waiting for much more money "later."

Cue dumpster fire.

I honestly think this whole rumor is based on the marlins trying to gauge what Jose's value is more so than them actively trying to get rid of him.  The Marlins did this with Stanton last year.

You sound like a conspiracy theorist. 

My understanding was that Loria fucked up and wanted a little bit of money "now" instead of waiting for much more money "later."

Cue dumpster fire.

I think so too

Honestly,  if Jose comes back to his pre TJ form and we are not good again next year I would have no problem trading him.  Would suck to see a talent like that go but baseball is the ultimate team sport and if his value rebounds after TJ that could go a long way towards rebuilding our farm system if Beinfest isn't making the trade.

I don't think they trade him now because there are too many arms available. I'd look towards the deadline or next offseason after Jose shows he's healthy. #jose2016 #farmville #tradelinebling

I agree

You sound like someone who is completely overlooking the fact that having a source doesnt mean your source tells you the truth all of the time.

You seem like a person who can't read what I've said 50 times. I am not believing this because Mish is the ONLY one "reporting" it. I didn't even ask my source about it. If the fish were actually discussing this, several more legit and bigger people would know about it.

You seem like a person who can't read what I've said 50 times. I am not believing this because Mish is the ONLY one "reporting" it. I didn't even ask my source about it. If the fish were actually discussing this, several more legit and bigger people would know about it.

And you seem like a person who can't read my response that that is an absolutely ludicrous reason for completely shutting down a report.  Mish is credible and wouldn't just make up a story like that.  To completely dismiss the report because every reporter isn't reporting that is stupid.  Think about it,  if it were true would the Marlins actively be shopping him to the point where lots of reporters know or would they work back channels and try to prevent it from leaking to protect Jose's potential value as well as not upsetting the fan base, granted they have proven they don't give a shit about that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.