Jose Fernandez Rumor

Jokersgoon

trading jose would absolutely crater attendance. I'm guessing 10-15k per game next year avg if it happened (I would cancel my yearly trip to watch the fish)... and the return now is probably the same it will be in 2018. I can't think of a more non sensical thing for the marlins FO to do than to trade jose in 2016. So good bye jose, it was nice watching you pitch!

Well if Jose's the one who wants out then there could be some validity to this. Only way I'd see the Marlins seeking a trade is if Jose asked for it specifically.

It would be interesting what the return would be since a team would have him for three more years on a great deal and only THEN have to pay him. For a top 5 pitcher with 3 cheap years left, you'd have to get a franchise altering deal.

Well if Jose's the one who wants out then there could be some validity to this. Only way I'd see the Marlins seeking a trade is if Jose asked for it specifically.

It would be interesting what the return would be since a team would have him for three more years on a great deal and only THEN have to pay him. For a top 5 pitcher with 3 cheap years left, you'd have to get a franchise altering deal.

seager/joc/urias seems about right

Guest Vince0926
I'd, no joke, become a full on yankees fan if that happened. I've already been living here for 10 years

Picture him pitching in a yankees road uniform at oakland....seattle....boston....oh yeah it could happen.

Not that I want to trade him, but if the Marlins do trade Jose it could actually be positive. I don't trust the FO to get good value though.

Seems like a horrible time to get full value though. So even if the return would be big, leave it to the Marlins to get a shit return for Jose freakin Fernandez.

Plus, Mattingly came here to contend. Even with a good return, a contending team doesn't trade away Jose Fernandez especially with the starting pitching woes we have.

Seems like a horrible time to get full value though. So even if the return would be big, leave it to the Marlins to get a shit return for Jose freakin Fernandez.

Plus, Mattingly came here to contend. Even with a good return, a contending team doesn't trade away Jose Fernandez especially with the starting pitching woes we have.

Oh definitely, I'm not down to trade him now. Maybe when the market isn't so full of good pitching.

Guest Vince0926

The Marlins also are not happy with Fernandez's attitude, which may come as a shock to many. "Jose is a different person on and off camera," one player source told me. "Jose talks to management like they are children," he added. 

Another player source told me Fernandez "gets a little selfish at times and isn't the best in the clubhouse." 

Oh boy.

Guest Vince0926

So if jose wants out asap....can you blame him? Having hand and mathis as teammates definitely is a downer. Best thing is if he is traded, we stick to him by go to the playoffs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.