March 26, 201610 yr Admin, are we looking into any of these relievers ? Cotts? Thatcher? Luebke? Not at this time but subject to change
March 26, 201610 yr Author 'Cause Brad Hand is gonna make the team, right? [ATTACH]645._xfImport[/ATTACH]
March 26, 201610 yr Author Loria set payroll at what it is now and there is no flexibility. I expect zero changes. So we're expect to got Ross Ohlendorf for free ? before the Reds sign him we're reported be interested at him.
March 27, 201610 yr Author Veteran right-handed reliever Dale Thayer has opted out of his minor league deal with the Orioles, MLBTR’s Tim Dierkes has learned. Thayer is now a free agent. He allowed three runs and struck out six batters in six spring innings. But I think these players that chose to opt out of minor league deal should not willing to accept another minor league deal,so the major league deal would be the only thing to got them, right ?
March 27, 201610 yr Veteran right-handed reliever Dale Thayer has opted out of his minor league deal with the Orioles, MLBTR’s Tim Dierkes has learned. Thayer is now a free agent. He allowed three runs and struck out six batters in six spring innings. But I think these players that chose to opt out of minor league deal should not willing to accept another minor league deal,so the major league deal would be the only thing to got them, right ? Depends on if anyone offers one
March 27, 201610 yr Author Depends on if anyone offers one Anyone that worth we offer major league deal ? I like Cotts and his name was much like Capps.
March 27, 201610 yr Anyone that worth we offer major league deal ? I like Cotts and his name was much like Capps. Not yet
March 27, 201610 yr May as well wait a few days to see if anyone else is cut free. It's very possible that pitchers better than Cotts will be available this coming week.
March 27, 201610 yr May as well wait a few days to see if anyone else is cut free. It's very possible that pitchers better than Cotts will be available this coming week. I agree with you
March 27, 201610 yr Author May as well wait a few days to see if anyone else is cut free. It's very possible that pitchers better than Cotts will be available this coming week. But it's possible be a BIG GAMBLE for the waiting approach and I agreed to the "better players stayed longer in camp" theory,too.
March 27, 201610 yr Signing Neifi Ogando was the first move they made this offseason and I believe I've read that Benedict likes him although maybe I'm wrong about that. Either way, I never imagined our bullpen would have Jackson, Phelps, Breslow and McGowan in it. It could work because bad starters tend to be better as relievers, but I'm not a fan of this idea. And actually I'm not a fan of Breslow at all. I'd rather just carry one lefty than put Breslow on the team. Breslow isn't a lefty specialist anyway.
March 28, 201610 yr I have to imagine that barraclough will be up at some point. The bullpen is always a fluid situation especially at the lower levels. If any of the relievers on the roster to start begin to falter there's plenty of people in house to promote and there's even free agents throughout the year that can be tried out.
March 28, 201610 yr I have to imagine that barraclough will be up at some point. The bullpen is always a fluid situation especially at the lower levels. If any of the relievers on the roster to start begin to falter there's plenty of people in house to promote and there's even free agents throughout the year that can be tried out. if bearclaw ever stops walking people he'd be a bad ass. He has 2 above avg pitches. Finding his control is a big if though
March 28, 201610 yr Author The Diamondbacks have released relievers Sam LeCure and Wesley Wrightafter the decision was made that neither would make the active roster to open the year, the club announced.
March 28, 201610 yr Author The Brewers have released lefty Franklin Morales, per a club announcement. Morales was coming off of a nice bounceback season last year with the Royals, in which he threw 62 1/3 innings of 3.18 ERA ball with 5.9 K/9 and 2.0 BB/9 with a 49.5% groundball rate. While the peripherals suggested that he benefited from some luck (as well as the Royals’ defense behind him), Morales was undeniable excellent against left-handed hitters — who slashed just .194/.250/.320 against him.
March 28, 201610 yr The Brewers have released lefty Franklin Morales, per a club announcement. Morales was coming off of a nice bounceback season last year with the Royals, in which he threw 62 1/3 innings of 3.18 ERA ball with 5.9 K/9 and 2.0 BB/9 with a 49.5% groundball rate. While the peripherals suggested that he benefited from some luck (as well as the Royals’ defense behind him), Morales was undeniable excellent against left-handed hitters — who slashed just .194/.250/.320 against him. Would be a nice addition
March 28, 201610 yr Would be a nice addition indeed if the marlins used him properly (against lefties only)
March 29, 201610 yr Author With Barracloug and Ellington obviously still not ready,I see no reason to not signing some veteran bullpen arms at this time.
March 29, 201610 yr Breslow should not be counted on in the bullpen. Cut him loose and sign morales as the 2nd lefty in the pen. Would save us at least 2-3 games
March 29, 201610 yr Author Breslow should not be counted on in the bullpen. Cut him loose and sign morales as the 2nd lefty in the pen. Would save us at least 2-3 games But Breslow was looking not bad in the camp.
March 29, 201610 yr Author I believe our front office want to upgrade this bullpen from the outside,but it was all up to Loria's desire to invest more.
March 29, 201610 yr True and either way the investments to sign one of these guys isn't that high. Most of these are low risk moves where you may be able to get someone that contributes for some point of the season.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.