The Case to Trade Stanton Now

RIP16

Say what you want but Cantu I would say is a better hitter than Stanton. Even if he is healthy his 162 game average is 102 rbi. He has only 1 100 rbi season. Jorge Cantu played 3 years with the Marlins (2 full years). 100 rbi and 95 rbi. 

Ok here is what I think could help Stanton. Instead of smashing 500 ft homers every swing, try to just make solid contact. He has so much natural power that he doesn't need to swing 100% to have a homerun. With him his focus should be on hitting the sweet spot and swinging say 90-95% instead. He will have much better bat control and make much more contact. I think his average would sky rocket along with his rbis and homeruns. But he won't get his 475 ft laser beams. He is so strong he doesn't need to swing so hard to hit it out. They all count the same as long as it goes over the fence.

Say what you want but Cantu I would say is a better hitter than Stanton. Even if he is healthy his 162 game average is 102 rbi. He has only 1 100 rbi season. Jorge Cantu played 3 years with the Marlins (2 full years). 100 rbi and 95 rbi. 

Ok here is what I think could help Stanton. Instead of smashing 500 ft homers every swing, try to just make solid contact. He has so much natural power that he doesn't need to swing 100% to have a homerun. With him his focus should be on hitting the sweet spot and swinging say 90-95% instead. He will have much better bat control and make much more contact. I think his average would sky rocket along with his rbis and homeruns. But he won't get his 475 ft laser beams. He is so strong he doesn't need to swing so hard to hit it out. They all count the same as long as it goes over the fence.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Stanton>>>Cantu

All I am saying was cantu was a consistent hitter and very clutch situational hitter. Cantu has a higher % a baserunner scores when he is batting than Stanton, Cantu has just about half the strikeout percentage, higher % runners advance from 2nd to 3rd from score from 3rd. Stanton is much better at slugging and power no doubt. Sorry, I do not speak English as a first language but when I think of "hitter" I think of bat control and situational hitting, not bench presses and sleeveless batting practice, and violent grimacing swings.

I'm sending an email to Loria and co.. MUST RETIRE Cantu jersey.. best hitter in the history of the marlins since his out RBIed Stanton in a shorter time period

Hey @RIP16, my plane years ago had some mechanical issues and I thought I was going to die but luckily it landed safely. Are you glad I survived that traumatic event or disappointed?

My brain years ago had some mechanical issues and I got ran over by a car and don't remember anything. Are you glad I survived that traumatic event or disappointed?

Life is like that. Traumatic events have a way of sneaking up on us. We are all in this life together. I am supporting Stanton. I am not cynical. 

Sorry everybody, I love you all dearly. I wish I could meet in real life and have coffee or have a drink in a breezy cool night on the beach.