The Case to Trade Stanton Now

RIP16

Stanton>>>Cantu

All I am saying was cantu was a consistent hitter and very clutch situational hitter. Cantu has a higher % a baserunner scores when he is batting than Stanton, Cantu has just about half the strikeout percentage, higher % runners advance from 2nd to 3rd from score from 3rd. Stanton is much better at slugging and power no doubt. Sorry, I do not speak English as a first language but when I think of "hitter" I think of bat control and situational hitting, not bench presses and sleeveless batting practice, and violent grimacing swings.

Have you had any bad or interesting experiences while waiting in line for food at a ballpark?

I sat next to Cantu at a Marlins dinner years ago. He likes to cut his steak into small pieces and roll it around in his mashed potatoes and then eat them together that way. It was interesting

That sounds like a BroncoBob story. I bet he learned how to do that from BroncoBob.

Today Frisaro said he sees Stanton here in 2017 but if the team sucks next year he could be traded before 2018. That's pretty surprising coming from Frisaro, Mr Company Guy who could easily say Stanton will never be traded and end it right there.

Does Frisaro not know about the NTC?!

Does Frisaro not know about the NTC?!

He did bring that up, making it even weirder. He also brought up the escalating salary and said that after next season even less teams will be able to afford him both on the cost to acquire him and the cost to pay his salary. It was an odd bit from Frisaro all around. Or at least it was very un-Frisaro-like.

He did bring that up, making it even weirder. He also brought up the escalating salary and said that after next season even less teams will be able to afford him both on the cost to acquire him and the cost to pay his salary. It was an odd bit from Frisaro all around. Or at least it was very un-Frisaro-like.

He'll tweet tomorrow that he got hacked.

I myself think Stanton himself truly doesn't wanna leave here and wouldn't waive the NTC. I believed his words when he signed the contract about wanting to stay here and help build this team and I think that belief was immensely boosted by the death of Jose and the week that followed that. If Stanton ever goes, it'll be at the opt out. I, at least in Oct 2016, don't see any way that Stanton would agree to being traded away. It would take so much to get him to agree on his end and I don't think the team/front office is anywhere near that point right now.

I myself think Stanton himself truly doesn't wanna leave here and wouldn't waive the NTC. I believed his words when he signed the contract about wanting to stay here and help build this team and I think that belief was immensely boosted by the death of Jose and the week that followed that. If Stanton ever goes, it'll be at the opt out. I, at least in Oct 2016, don't see any way that Stanton would agree to being traded away. It would take so much to get him to agree on his end and I don't think the team/front office is anywhere near that point right now.

I agree.

In fact, I agree so much, I may ban you for it. <3