Justin Masterson

Admin

I was  looking around other teams rosters to see who might be a good trade partner and I think we can match up with the Dodgers.  They have a need at both 3rd and 2nd base.  Derek Dietrich can play both of those positions.  He can probably easily replace Kendrick's production at 2nd base.  The Dodger also have to trim some payroll as per reports about their debt issue.  We can ask them for Alex Wood in return whom I think would be a niece piece to the rotation and he is cost controlled for 3 more seasons.  Of course that wouldn't help the Dodgers debt issue but if we offer to also take on Ryu's contract and throw in some B level prospects, it might work.  Who knows, Ryu might even be ready to pitch in 2017 although after missing to seasons you wouldn't be able to bank on it.  Just a thought.  I think it's much more creative than signing Justin Fucking Masterson.

I was  looking around other teams rosters to see who might be a good trade partner and I think we can match up with the Dodgers.  They have a need at both 3rd and 2nd base.  Derek Dietrich can play both of those positions.  He can probably easily replace Kendrick's production at 2nd base.  The Dodger also have to trim some payroll as per reports about their debt issue.  We can ask them for Alex Wood in return whom I think would be a niece piece to the rotation and he is cost controlled for 3 more seasons.  Of course that wouldn't help the Dodgers debt issue but if we offer to also take on Ryu's contract and throw in some B level prospects, it might work.  Who knows, Ryu might even be ready to pitch in 2017 although after missing to seasons you wouldn't be able to bank on it.  Just a thought.  I think it's much more creative than signing Justin Fucking Masterson.

I been wondering what the Dodgers would want for Alex Wood. I think he would do well pitching back in the NL East. Probably would take DD.

Ryu is really banged up, too many shoulder issues. Give Masterson a minor league flyer.

I been wondering what the Dodgers would want for Alex Wood. I think he would do well pitching back in the NL East. Probably would take DD.

Ryu is really banged up, too many shoulder issues. Give Masterson a minor league flyer.

I agree on Ryu.  I was only throwing him in as part of taking some salary back since the Dodgers have to trim their payroll.  He's too banged up to count on.  He makes 7 million which isn't too much to take on for the fish if it means also getting a cost controlled player like Wood in return as well.  Might be a moot point now that they have signed Volquez to 11 million a year.