Stanton and Yelich expected to be on Team USA

Admin

Really though I love the WBC and Team USA definitely needs to start having better showings and it's nice to have the Marlins represented. I'm always concerned about Stanton getting hurt in things like this but in truth he can get hurt just the same in a regular spring training game. Happy for both of them especially because the WBC is getting to be more about players actually wanting to play than just playing out of obligation so I'm sure both are looking forward to this opportunity.

Really though I love the WBC and Team USA definitely needs to start having better showings and it's nice to have the Marlins represented. I'm always concerned about Stanton getting hurt in things like this but in truth he can get hurt just the same in a regular spring training game. Happy for both of them especially because the WBC is getting to be more about players actually wanting to play than just playing out of obligation so I'm sure both are looking forward to this opportunity.

Injuries are a concern.

I like that it makes them more game ready for the season.

I want to be clear though that this is not done yet, both players are just leaning towards accepting the invites

No one cares about it. Going to games in miami is a nightmare because all of the refs come out and don't know how to watch a game. It's like vuvuzela night but more organic, which makes it worse. The games are slow and boring. You can tell only the scrub players care because they see it as a way to get seen by scouts. The good players treat it like a skirmish. Just a bad experience all around. 

That's not true. The players are caring more and more. It took time for them to realize the opportunity it is. Let the refs come out and play their instruments and vuvuzuelas, it's about representing their countries and not about watching every pitch speed. The fans care enough as long as their countries are represented. It's supposed to be a fun atmosphere because it IS an exhibition but winning feels good because of the countries. Also you're basing this on what you experienced at Marlins Park. The rest of the world isn't the same. People do care especially the foreign countries.

No one cares about it. Going to games in miami is a nightmare because all of the refs come out and don't know how to watch a game. It's like vuvuzela night but more organic, which makes it worse. The games are slow and boring. You can tell only the scrub players care because they see it as a way to get seen by scouts. The good players treat it like a skirmish. Just a bad experience all around. 

I don't get that feeling. I find the game atmosphere is full of energy. It's like a WS game. Great feeling.

Try watching a baseball game with vuvuzelas, drums, maracas, tambourines, whistles, illegitimate children running around everywhere, and chongas with sharpie eyeliner fighting in the stands because who knows why. I guess that can be fun for some people, but not me. I can't watch baseball like that. 

I've been to several wbc games and I have seen exactly what you say so I can't fault you if you just don't like that atmosphere for yourself.