Volquez's brother stabbed to death

Admin

You're a kind person [uSER=2328]@SilverButthole[/uSER]. Would you be willing to help your brother throughout his life even though he is able bodied and capable of sustaining himself? What if he became a parasite because you were always helping? Does that become your fault for enabling him or his fault for being a parasite? Do you think it will matter to your conscience? Helping family is great. I do it all the time, but I will never help financially. It's a dark path and no one wins. 

What an overanalysis. Nobody is saying Volquez needs to be writing checks to his family every two weeks. All he had to do was pay to get his brother living in the United States. Buy him a small place to live here and then let him on his own after that but at least he'd be out of whatever was dangerous to him in the Dominican Republic.

So Volquez, or any wealthy athlete or celebrity from a place of poverty should just keep their earnings to themselves and not do something to help their immediate families?

And yes polly I don't know if Volquez was or wasn't helping his family, I was just making a point based on what was already spoken about in this thread.

They can do what they want with their own money. That's my thing. I don't think he should take any heat for not bringing his brother or family over and setting him up. That's not his responsibility no matter how wealthy he becomes. 

That's fair, you have your reasons and they're valid because I know they're true. For the record, my brother IS a parasite. I also don't think Volquez is really getting any heat over this either, I think we were all just thinking out loud about how any of these people can help their families if it all. My mom is also Dominican so I can tell you they aren't at the bottom of the totem pole either. There are ways to live decently over there without having to be the richest.

Or it's his money and he doesn't need to support his entire family. Up to him. I wouldn't float my entire family. My life. My skill. My work. My money. 

Your Grief. Your Heartache. Your Perogative. :)

If they all lived stateside, yeah fuck that, but in a country like th eDR, bring em here, hope they learn a skill to sustain themselves,and if not send them back.

For the record, I've helped friends monetarily and family. Money comes and goes but if I can help them by relieving some stress from the burden of bills or money I won't hesitate. Granted its not someone I've known for only a year or two- I'll help. My theory with it is, give em help, dont say a word anymore about it. They know they owe me, let guilt get them to pay me back, or let them run away. I've yet to have someone not pay me back, even when I lent a friend $5500, he paid me back with cash four months later, and there was never a doubt in my mind.