Morosi: Yelich & Realmuto being shopped

SilverBullet

[ATTACH]1703._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Ironically, I think trading both of these guys would signal to me Jeter and Co are more serious about building a winner than they are about just shedding payroll.

And for those upset about the Marlins sucking for 2018, this is actually the way to get better sooner than later. 

I'm all for this... do it. 

Screenshot_20171228-175051.thumb.jpg.6c56ad9eb6b8461a82833b529e24e641.jpg

Yea,just go ahead and laughing at everyone with different thinking,just can't wait to see the face of all you guys if this team didn't make it to the playoffs after FIVE YEARS !!!

The Marlins are far more likely to be contracted or relocated in 5 years than make the playoffs.

Honestly why are you guys fans of this team anymore?  And by extension, why do you still come to this website?  Getting used to the rebuild is part of the process and it appears you guys have missed the boat.  Just go root for another team already because the game of hating every potential move or move already made is becoming grossly tiresome and overplayed.

Honestly why are you guys fans of this team anymore?  And by extension, why do you still come to this website?  Getting used to the rebuild is part of the process and it appears you guys have missed the boat.  Just go root for another team already because the game of hating every potential move or move already made is becoming grossly tiresome and overplayed.

I wouldn’t necessarily hate the rebuild if we actually got promising prospects. Instead, we got other farms’ garbage.

[ATTACH]1703[/ATTACH]

Ironically, I think trading both of these guys would signal to me Jeter and Co are more serious about building a winner than they are about just shedding payroll.

And for those upset about the Marlins sucking for 2018, this is actually the way to get better sooner than later. 

I'm all for this... do it. 

While it worked with the Cubs and Astros, this "be horrible" then you will get better, has to be done with smart and intelligent builders. When you have Mike Hill, you have a great big pile of dung !!!! 

It's going to take getting rid of Hill for them to ever progress. If Hill is still here, 5 year build might become 8 years, and by then, will ANYONE still be watching the Marlins ?

So they have a better chance of doing that by not trading Yelich and Realmuto?

yeah but your assumption is if they trade Yelich & Realmuto, they'll get at least two players that will be at least as valuable. We've seen how those trades go for us....trading them, makes this not a 4 year project but maybe a 10 year one...and that's if they get lucky in the draft....which they are not known for.

It is impossible to project out 5 years right now.

But its fun to speculate...and if we can't do that, then why have this forum. So we can rehash Jeter's moronic Town Hall some more ? Oh yeah let's pinpoint just how many tears did that lady shed ?....and does Marlins Mans ego have any limit ? I mean these questions are just ripe to be endlessly discussed for the next 5 years.

Name the last time a MLB team was contracted. Relocation I could maybe understand though that lease would get in the way of that.

Yes, the lease is an issue, hence the very real possibility this franchise gets contracted. This is a cash poor ownership group that just alienated most of the few remaining Marlins fans and made the team a 100+ game loser without even rebuilding the farm in so doing. There will be little league baseball games in South Florida with better attendance than the Marlins will have for the next several years. The cash poor ownership group will claim they are trying to get better but can’t because nobody buys tickets and the franchise’s death spiral will culminate in a push for relocation that either succeeds or results in contraction due to the lack of financial viability.

But they also had Theo Epstein, we have Mike Hill.....sort of a big difference me thinks

Ok so if you have such little faith then, again I ask, why are you still a fan of the team?  I just think people should ask themselves this occasionally.  Might save alot of frustration and heartache.

Ok so if you have such little faith then, again I ask, why are you still a fan of the team?  I just think people should ask themselves this occasionally.  Might save alot of frustration and heartache.

Because I've been with them since the 1st pitch that John Lynch pitched in a minor league game in NY state in 1993 on Sunshine Network. It's called loyalty......

Do you think before you speak? 

The lease makes a it very real that they will NOT be contracted. 

A lease does not stop a business from going out of business. If it did, shopping malls would be thriving. The Marlins have succeeded in killing off most of the last group of people who give a shit. The stadium will be even more empty than it has been and this cash poor group will either have to move or shut it down. The lease is a real obstacle to moving, but shutting it down is a very real possibility.