Marlins' 2018 ST attendance beats 2017

SonOfJack

Would love to see if regular season attendance increases as well. It would be hilarious. Fans don't go to games in 2017 with the MVP chasing 60 homers and the team hanging in the wild card race... teams gets sold and fans hate new ownership and act like they'll never be Marlins fans again... attendance increases while the team challenges for worst team in the majors? Man that would show how full of shit the fans here really are. 

Gonna guess this is due to the fact that we played the cards, astros, sox, and nats more than ever before rather than any type of excitement due to the team. The moving of spring training sites further away and playing the same teams more often is the likely reason for this.

Gonna guess this is due to the fact that we played the cards, astros, sox, and nats more than ever before rather than any type of excitement due to the team. The moving of spring training sites further away and playing the same teams more often is the likely reason for this.

We played the Cardinals and Astros the same number of games as last spring, we only played the Nats one more game than last spring, we played the Mets two less games, and Boston we only played them once this spring. We also played four fewer spring training games this year. The moving of spring sites has been a factor in changing the spring schedule in recent years but nothing changed from 2017 to 2018. 

We played the Cardinals and Astros the same number of games as last spring, we only played the Nats one more game than last spring, we played the Mets two less games, and Boston we only played them once this spring. We also played four fewer spring training games this year. The moving of spring sites has been a factor in changing the spring schedule in recent years but nothing changed from 2017 to 2018. 

any comparison on the number of weekend games as compared to last year?

10 this year, 11 last year... only 4 weekend home games this year compared to 6 last year. 

hmmm.  weird then.  Theres got to be an explanation for it but im interested to figure out what it is.  It's definitely not team interest thats for sure.

hmmm.  weird then.  Theres got to be an explanation for it but im interested to figure out what it is.  It's definitely not team interest thats for sure.

Well I hope it's team interest and hey, why couldn't it be? 

Remember all those people who said they'd support the team the minute Loria left? Maybe they're actually doing so? 

Well I hope it's team interest and hey, why couldn't it be? 

Remember all those people who said they'd support the team the minute Loria left? Maybe they're actually doing so? 

Id be happy to see it but I dont buy it.  Might never find out but it would be cool to see fans supporting this new ownership group doing the right baseball business things in rebuilding.  I guess its possible because more people than i expected seem to understand why they have made the moves they have made, just didnt like the way it looked.

I think regular season attendance will be similar to last year.  I dont think people talk enough about how bad last years attendance was when they try to talk about how outraged fans are that they blew up the team last year.  Such fake outrage is the one thing that has pissed me off more than anything about how this offseason was covered.