July 3, 20188 yr Some of you guys are too nice when explaining things for the 20th time I agree, I think we're married now.
July 6, 20188 yr We got career years (at least from Stanton and Ozuna) last year and still had a losing record. The only thing I'd add to this is that we wasted those career years with poor pitching and planning. Wasn't the offenses fault we had a losing record. That's the biggest reason I wanted atleast half of this year, and then blow it up if anything. The fight from contenders to add Gordon, Yelich and Ozuna might have been better packages. If we had invested a little bit, and at worst case flipped them we could have gotten more. I just miss having appointment television for Stanton's at bats. It was like primetime on Thursday on NBC show up for Friends (Stanton), and stay for Will and Grace (Yelich), Scrubs (Ozuna) and ER (Prado)
July 6, 20188 yr To assume guys having career years would once again have them is quite a leap. They are called career years for a reason. And then you'd them to not only do that, but at the same time receive career years from other guys. Possible? Yes. Likely? Hell no.
July 6, 20188 yr To assume guys having career years would once again have them is quite a leap. They are called career years for a reason. And then you'd them to not only do that, but at the same time receive career years from other guys. Possible? Yes. Likely? Hell no. It's possible, but each of those players having their regular years would be a decent addition to a desperate team too. I think GM's over valuing career years as "Breakout Seasons" has come to an end, they see them as they are- abberations with signs of potential. Each of those guys had a standard theyve set. Stanton at .290 with around 40 HR, Yelich about 290 and plus defense, and a very team friendly deal Ozuna 260 with around 25-30 HR with plus defense Gordon around 300 with 40+ steals and as a 2B above average defense. The value in those guys was their history / track record and potential.. not what they did for one year. Yelich's value was as a great cost controlled OF.
July 6, 20188 yr Stanton at .290 with around 40 HR, His career average is .268 and he reached .290 once. He's exceeded 40 home runs only once as well.
July 6, 20188 yr His career average is .268 and he reached .290 once. He's exceeded 40 home runs only once as well. That's assuming health isnt an issue, but also the word "Around" gives credit for 37 HR (which he's reached twice) as well as stretching his 34 HR season. In addition to his 59 HR Season. He also batted .280 a few times, and .290 as well. His worst HR total in a full season is 24 when he missed over 40 games. My overall generalization of his production isn't as egregious as your making it seem.
July 6, 20188 yr My overall generalization of his production isn't as egregious as your making it seem. All I did was post facts, his actual stats. I can't spin facts.
July 6, 20188 yr All I did was post facts, his actual stats. I can't spin facts. I agree. Are we married now, too?
July 6, 20188 yr All I did was post facts, his actual stats. I can't spin facts. All I did is generalize and lie with statistics. Can't fact check a generality.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.