Marlins open 6 40-man spots

SonOfJack

There are lots of guys who will be Rule V eligible if not added to the 40-man this offseason:

Diaz, Quijada, Schales, Harrison, Yamamoto, Poteet, Mills, S. Garrett, TWINE, Guzman, Kolek

I'd assume Diaz, Harrison, Yamamoto are locks. Probably Guzman (some team could stash him in the BP)? I'd consider protecting Schales and Quijada too. I don't think we really have to worry about the others being taken.

Why would anyone take from our farm system?

It's the worst in baseball and all our prospects suck because we're the Marlins and Jeter sucks and we always draft guys who are cheap because we're cheap and Jeter sucks and we gave away Stanton Yelich and Ozuna for garbage players who all suck because we suck and Fangraphs says we suck and because Mike Hill and we fired Perry Hill to save money and because we sold low on Barraclough just because we are gonna low ball the Mesa brothers because we suck and we're dummies and Jeter sucks.

There are lots of guys who will be Rule V eligible if not added to the 40-man this offseason:

Diaz, Quijada, Schales, Harrison, Yamamoto, Poteet, Mills, S. Garrett, TWINE, Guzman, Kolek

I'd assume Diaz, Harrison, Yamamoto are locks. Probably Guzman (some team could stash him in the BP)? I'd consider protecting Schales and Quijada too. I don't think we really have to worry about the others being taken.

But Twine had a career year in the last season.

Just making sure we have this straight... outrighting a guy basically makes them property of that minor league team as opposed to being property of the Marlins while just playing on that minor league team right?

Like, for example, Rafael Ortega is now just a New Orleans Baby Cake when in the past he was a Miami Marlin assigned to play on the New Orleans Baby Cakes? 

Yea there are a bunch of guys who could get dropped off the roster. Seems like a larger amount than usual. Or, more specifically it seems like a larger amount than usual that will need to be added before the Rule 5 draft so, in turn, more will need to be outrighted. 

Yeah,too many good prospects needed to protect,and it's something that wouldn't happen in Loria's hand.

Just making sure we have this straight... outrighting a guy basically makes them property of that minor league team as opposed to being property of the Marlins while just playing on that minor league team right?

Like, for example, Rafael Ortega is now just a New Orleans Baby Cake when in the past he was a Miami Marlin assigned to play on the New Orleans Baby Cakes? 

Yeah,it should be like this.

"Players who signed with their current club at age 18 or younger and have played professionally for at least five years are eligible to be selected, as are those who signed at 19 or older and have at least four years of professional experience."

It's from the MLB.com about the Rule 5 draft,but how about the players that acquire via trades ?