3/31 Post Game Thread - Series Split

Michael

Mattingly is an idiot but luckily we won anyway

I give him a drop of credit for pulling Chen relatively quickly in the sense that last year he would have left him (or any other struggling reliever) in longer. Definitely gave me that feeling of trying for more wins this season as opposed to balancing wins with development. Performance matters now. 

I give him a drop of credit for pulling Chen relatively quickly in the sense that last year he would have left him (or any other struggling reliever) in longer. Definitely gave me that feeling of trying for more wins this season as opposed to balancing wins with development. Performance matters now. 

Chen hasn't gotten an out all season.

Can we release him now?

Mattingly explaining pulling sandy by saying it would have been too many “ups”. Pitch count itself wasn’t an issue 

Too many "ups" as in ... times facing the lineup?

Or too many positive things? Did he want Sandy to walk six so he could have some teachable moments? What the fuck?

Too many "ups" as in ... times facing the lineup?

Or too many positive things? Did he want Sandy to walk six so he could have some teachable moments? What the fuck?

I believe he meant innings. As in going yo the dugout.  Sitting for the bottom half then “getting up” to warm up and pitch another half Inning. He maxed at about five in the spring so today was three extra on top of that and Mel felt that was enough for now 

I believe he meant innings. As in going yo the dugout.  Sitting for the bottom half then “getting up” to warm up and pitch another half Inning. He maxed at about five in the spring so today was three extra on top of that and Mel felt that was enough for now 

Reasonable. I don't mind changing pitchers much, but bringing in Chen made zero sense.

Romo didn't start really heating up until after the double IIRC.  That makes what he said a lie.

No, it was still the truth - he knew Chen would be shitty so he thought he'd make himself look good by pulling him after two batters. "See, I can make good decisions, too!"